• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Woman borrows 25000 books from library!

That's a lot of books! 25000 books? If you read 250 books per year it would still take 100 years to have read that many. I don't know if that's something I would want to emulate.

That is nuts..

"An avid reader in south west Scotland is on the brink of borrowing her 25,000th book from her local libraries.."

I think it would be incredible on the 20,000 mark also or 10,000...

Even 1,000 books seems a lot to me. It's beyond me how anyone can borrow so many without inadvertently stealing them.

Maybe she has some kind of book loaning business going.

That's a lot of books! 25000 books? If you read 250 books per year it would still take 100 years to have read that many. I don't know if that's something I would want to emulate.

I'm shooting for this goal via the family plan...one of the perks of home education...and using a curriculum that relies heavily on library books, Just doing my best to keep up with the Joneses:whistling:

I think I could come close to that it they let me loose in a good used book store with somebody else's credit card. :innocent:
Strand, or Powells, let's say. /dreaming/

I think I could come close to that it they let me loose in a good used book store with somebody else's credit card. :innocent:
Strand, or Powells, let's say. /dreaming/

Hey, I've already called dibs on Donald Trump's Visa:innocent:

I wonder if by now she can read the first page, and the last page, and then imagine all the stuff in between good enough. :whistling:

Even 1,000 books seems a lot to me. It's beyond me how anyone can borrow so many without inadvertently stealing them.

Maybe she has some kind of book loaning business going.

I used to inadvertently steal paperbacks from my classrooms in elementary school because I always had a few going. I'd find them in my room somewhere halfway through the summer and think "Oooops!"

Personally I don't think that I'd want to be going through books that quickly, even if I had the time. Don't some books deserve a little extra contemplation and a slower pace? I think my brain would fry at the pace that woman is setting (but good for her, it's impressive!).

I know I couldn't read that many if every book was Louis L'Amour or Star Trek.

I wonder how many of those were rereads?

Back