• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Work and Posting

Fate

It's 4:27 am...almost six and a half hours into my night shift here at the hospital, with another two and a half hours to go. *yawn* I'm currently on a break, and up to my umpteenth cup of coffee. Perhaps I should just insert a coffee IV. Hmm.

Anywho, I was wondering how many others on BAR post whilst at work?

I don't but even if I wanted to there's no way I could do that. I work as a postwoman and if I'm not delivering mail outside I'm sorting mail in the sorting centre where I don't have the internets at my disposal.

I've never done it, only one personal days or when I had the time when one of my little ones was sleeping during a sick day. My workplace really frowns on that kind of thing.

I don't but even if I wanted to there's no way I could do that. I work as a postwoman and if I'm not delivering mail outside I'm sorting mail in the sorting centre where I don't have the internets at my disposal.

Glad you're not in canada, they are currently threatening strike:eek:

I began to feel heartedly ashamed of myself as I started to read through the replies to my question of whether people posted whilst working...By the grace of sparkchaser and Will my shame was dimmed by a shade or two. :p

As I work in an ICU I don't indulge whilst on the job so-to-speak; the powers that be might find that objectionable. ;) However, I do take my laptop to work whenever I'm working the night-shift as the staff canteen is closed due to a reduction in staff numbers overnight. The evening quiet gives me a chance to catch up on emails or to try my hand at writing.

*does the happy dance* After working weeks of long back to back shifts I now have an entire week off!

Glad you're not in canada, they are currently threatening strike:eek:

Dutch postmen went on strike last December. Well, only the full-time postmen, and I'm only part-time so was not allowed to strike. Meant much much more work for me and I don't think it actually helped the postmen's cause. Though I do understand (All full-timers will have to either quit, retire, or find a new job within the next few years).

Back