• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Working Hard

malky

I am working hard writing today...Work related though:mad: But thought I'd get involved here so here I am.

Male, 43 love sport and reading (not at the same time). Recovering from broken collar bone (Rugby). Even stopped me reading for a few days!

Good to meet!

Kookamoor said:
Welcome, Malky! What sort of books do you enjoy?

I enjoy novels about modern life, if that makes sense. I loved the Lovely Bones but also enjoy factual stuff like Anthony Beevor.

Another real favourite is forget you had a daughter by Sandra Gregory. Its about her stay in a Bangkok prison. Very good read.

I have read a few Grisham books but always find the endings weak.

Thanks for your interest what about you?:D

malky said:
Thanks for your interest what about you?:D
I like a lot of things and I find them hard to define. I'm enjoying literature a lot more these days, particularly a lot of Australian authors such as Tim Winton and David Malouf. I have a TBR list that's through the roof at the moment, and am particularly looking forward to reading Wicked: The True Story of the Wicked Witch of the West.

I'm also a big fan of fantasy, and discovered Guy Gavriel Kay this year, which has made me incredibly happy! I'm going to try reading some of Stephen King's work soon too, because I've heard great things about his work that is not in the horror vein.

Kookamoor said:
I like a lot of things and I find them hard to define. I'm enjoying literature a lot more these days, particularly a lot of Australian authors such as Tim Winton and David Malouf. I have a TBR list that's through the roof at the moment, and am particularly looking forward to reading Wicked: The True Story of the Wicked Witch of the West.

I'm also a big fan of fantasy, and discovered Guy Gavriel Kay this year, which has made me incredibly happy! I'm going to try reading some of Stephen King's work soon too, because I've heard great things about his work that is not in the horror vein.

Sounds cool. I am not a fan of Stephen King...Not that I've read any, just does not seem my type. Getting on well with Bill Bryson, incidently loved his book about Aussie have you read that???

malky said:
Sounds cool. I am not a fan of Stephen King...Not that I've read any, just does not seem my type. Getting on well with Bill Bryson, incidently loved his book about Aussie have you read that???
No, I was never a Stephen King fan before because I despise horror of any way, shape and form. But some of his other work intrigues me.

I love Bill Bryson too - his Australian book was great! If you like humourous travel fiction, I would suggest 'Round Ireland With a Fridge' by Tony Hawks.

Welcome to the forum, malky! :) I'll second Kook's suggestion of "Round Ireland with a Fridge" - it's very funny.

Merry meet, Malky.

Sounds painful with the collarbone, a speedy recovery to you :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

Kookamoor said:
No, I was never a Stephen King fan before because I despise horror of any way, shape and form. But some of his other work intrigues me.

I love Bill Bryson too - his Australian book was great! If you like humourous travel fiction, I would suggest 'Round Ireland With a Fridge' by Tony Hawks.

I'll look out for that. I am now reading (which reminfs me must change my profile) Belle de Jour. Not sure about it yet. It's all sex and no story so far...:(

Back