• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

worst food and alc combination...

honeydevil

what was the worst food you ate when you were drunk and what did it do to you?

I vote for potatosalad or anything with mayonaise, since it makes me throw up until i think that my brain might be a little loose and be better in the bushes anyway...

One night after the annual office Christmas party at a big hotel in NYC, after about a million cocktails, I was so hungry. I hadn't eaten anything and all the food was gone, except for the last raw clam, which used to be sitting on a bed of ice with lemons and pretty things, but which was by then floating in a pool of lukewarm water . . .

That was a mistake.

i am usually pretty careful about what i eat when i drink, so don't usually get sick; HOWEVER, i was in Chicago last year on business and got the drunkest i've ever been. i stayed in an executive suite at the Hilton. the night before going home, we all went to some swanky steak place, then drank our faces off at this bar that's supposed to be the biggest bar in the USA (i don't remember the name). i mixed drinks because we were all buying rounds (and that can get nuts). the cosmo's were TERRIBLE and extraordinarily expensive. anyway, i burst blood vessels in my eyes from vomiting all night. and i got vomit on the side of the bed (in the freakin exec suite at the Hilton!!) :eek: thank god i had a first class flight home or i would have died that morning. it makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

novella said:
One night after the annual office Christmas party at a big hotel in NYC, after about a million cocktails, I was so hungry. I hadn't eaten anything and all the food was gone, except for the last raw clam, which used to be sitting on a bed of ice with lemons and pretty things, but which was by then floating in a pool of lukewarm water . . .

That was a mistake.

BOL! oh my GOD Novella! i totally just burst out laughing at your post! that's INSANE!!! i can't believe you did that!!!

clam
clamquahog1hr.jpg

I would have to say a bag of fritos pumped full of wholesome goodness (read "chili and cheese") and a "Big Bomb" burrito.

Seemed like a good combination at the time.

Wild Turkey will do that to you.

:eek:

leckert said:
I would have to say a bag of fritos pumped full of wholesome goodness (read "chili and cheese") and a "Big Bomb" burrito.

Seemed like a good combination at the time.

Wild Turkey will do that to you.

:eek:

wait a minute. you are simultaneously saying that this is a bad and good drunk food. are you misleading us on purpose so we will go out and try this dastardly combo?

Well, the category is "food and alc combinations", and, while a feast of chili/cheese drenched fritos is an awesome adventure, and the "Big Bomb" burrito is a marvel of modern science, and Wild Turkey is, without question, the nectar of the gods, I am not sure they were intended to be ingested en masse at the same time!

The novice or journeyman drunk should attempt these delights separately, as too much of a good thing can lead to mornings of agony!

So, actually, I am not misleading, but condoning with caution!

:)

you know, i've never gotten sick from eating anything while drunk...knock on wood....and oddly, i rarely get sick...i can recall 2 very sick drunken nights, and that's it.....a little sidetrack, but if you have time, i'll share my worst drunkeness ever. my friend was having a going away/b'day party. of course i had to work, so once i finally met up with everyone, they were all feeling pretty lit. so i did my best to catch up....bad move. we finally hit the marquee (my fave bar in halifax) and once i stepped into that heat and crowds, i buckled. went out side gasping for fresh air, thinking that if i got enough of it into my lungs, it would somehow sober me up. not so much. so i go back in, tell my friends i'm out and decide i will make the walk home, again, hoping to sober myself up at least a little. well, as it turned out, i left the bar and had no clue in which direction i should head. from the distance, i saw a hotel sign and figured i would walk towards it. i tripped thru the door to the pay phone, called my b'friend and told him to come get me. again, thinking fresh air would be the best solution, i told him i would be on the corner of the metro center ( which is a huge stadium about 6 blocks wide and long) as i sat swaying and waiting for him to come get me, i knew i was done. he comes screaching up in a cab and the cabbie will not let me in...i must have become quite pale. well, needless to say, i had to put my head between my legs and just let 'er rip. it was one of my classier, more humbling moments.

Back