• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Worst or most disappointing book?

I got recommended this book by alot of people... Interview with a Vampire.. I got about 1/4 of the way though it and was sick of it. Don't get me wrong.. It was too long and not much happened. I'm sure alot of people will disagree with me, but i really didnt like it.

ah... I fall in this category too :D

Is that book Non-Fiction ? If yes, does it tell history of some kingdom or some sort of author's thoughts on of political structures ?

its a fiction book

all though i might as well read 'the child life of saint peter and some ugly thing called lina',which is actually the same thing

its not rly about saint peter,but it might as well be,DONT READ THIS

Having watched this thread for awhile, it is interesting to me that The Lovely Bones keeps surfacing. Now you folks got me curious about how bad it is and why.

the lovely bones sounds better than 'the princess and curdie',honestly,its as bad as a plot mix of traveling in a hovercraft,getting killed by bears,soppy romance in las vegas and some unthought out time travel mixed in,no wait,its worse!

Well, I have not read a lot of books but I use to select books by reading amazon reviews. I found out 2 highly regarded books:

1.) The Difference Engine - William Gibson & Bruce Sterling
2.) The Burning Chrome - William Gibson

and both of them feel totally non-sense to me. I purchased them from UK with my precious money and they were pretty expansive books but they turned-out to be crap :mad:

William Gibson has an interesting writing style that takes some time to get your head around. I know when I was reading Spook Country that I found myself reading sentences two or three times until my mind clicked on what he was saying. If you're a non-native English reader, then I can see why they would seem to come across as nonsense.

Demons: I read it right after finishing Crime and Punishment and craving some more Dostoyevsky, and finished it disappointed. There was a time I felt I wouldn't finish it at all. Full of great ideas, but lacks the energy that made the other novel so captivating.

The French Lieutenant's Woman: one of the worst books I've ever read in my life; made even more painful by the fact it came recommended by a good friend whose taste I respect. But this novel was just a plodding mess.

Doctor Faustus: sadly underwhelming in comparison to The Magic Mountain. One year later, I still have no interest in trying Thomas Mann again.

Ulysses: everyone says it's the greatest novel ever. I don't see any greatness myself.

Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card--After the twist ending of Ender's Game I was like "Alright I must know what happens next. There were parts that I didn't mind, but most of it was terrible. Especially the end; I think practically every character ended up bursting into tears.

The Light Of Other Days by Arthur C. Clarke--I bought this when I went on a Clarke rampage...it had a good idea but it was so bad. The plotline was similar to any one of those racy summer movies.

Back