• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Yes! Finally!

ParadoxicalRae

I've been looking for a book forum for a few weeks now--it's so great to finally find one! I'm sure I'll really enjoy it here.
I'm a 19-year-old female who has enjoyed reading all her life--I'm also a bibliophile and I've got at least 700 books in my apartment. I enjoy fiction, disutopia-type books, sci-fi, fantasy, and true crime. I dislike mysteries and romance, but maybe that's because I haven't read too many. I also like reading about ancient history and archaeology.
I also enjoy writing, computer games, and D&D. Oh yeah, I'm a big geek. :)

Welcome on the boards! It's great to have so many new people here!!! :D

Personally I'm more a freak than a geek but I think we all make quiet a special community. :D :cool: :D

Does TX mean Texas like Texas, US ?

Eh, I don't like it very much. I live in an area where there is literally *nothing* for at least 6 hours in all directions. No trees, no mountains, no real rivers, nothing.

No...there's nothing nice, there isn't even *hills*--and most of the year it's hot and there's very little green...most plants are brown (including the grass).

Exactly! So, I want to get out of here, soon...I'm thinkin' somewhere with mountains, trees, a nice place to do some hiking..... It'll happen one day. :)

Welcome to the forums! :)

:eek: I enjoy many of the same things as you do! (except archaeology :D ) - I'm sure you'll fit right in!

LoL--thanks! And that's just a rough guess...I may have more--but I haven't counted them in some time.
Everyone here seems so friendly! I think I'll really like it.

ParadoxicalRae said:
Thanks!!

...You don't like archaeology?! :eek: How can you not?!

Then again, I've been obsessed with it since I was a kid....
My partner studied it at Uni and after three years I was fed up with it :p
Don't get me wrong, there are some parts I like, such as Anthropology - I'm just not keen on the subject as a whole :)

That's all right...my roomie thinks that archaeology is neat, but she's a computer science geek. It's pretty fun...a girl obsessed with ancient history and a girl obsessed with technology living under the same roof.

Welcome to the forums.

Is "disutopia" another word for dystopia?

I'm a big fan of the dystopia genre and I also like the post-disaster genre where civilisation has fallen.

Back