• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You guys have this in the U.K.?

Stewart said:
I would have thought that the best way to prevent accidents with them would be not to have them. Then again, I'm not a crazy Republican; just sensible. :)

That may be, but there will always be guns in the US so you might just as well make them as safe as possible.

There will always be guns everywhere.
For example, criminals always have ways to obtain anything they need.
Then, people from government services will always have guns.
And both these categories often misuse guns that are in there posession - mostly the criminals, but govt people too, sometimes. Our militia men, according to statistics, use their guns to shoot innocent people many times each year: to solve their private problems, to kill a driver who harmed their car in a traffic accident etc. Last year a militiamen stopped an illegal foreign worker in metro, and when he told the militiaman he doesn't have money to pay the fine, or something, - the militiaman shoot him in the face.

So, not having a gun does not make one immune to guns owned by others.
I am not sure the situation will be better if everybody could apply for legal ownership of a gun and every normal person would be granted this right. But surely not allowing a law-abiding citizen to own a gun means leaving him unarmed in the world packed with other people with guns.

As to people having strange habits... Yes, people have strange habits, it is a fact. And firing guns at something for fun is not the worst of people's habits, if they are not firing at you, of course.

lovermuffin said:
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/region.htm#regionweap
There are still high rates of gun-related homicides in the South, though... even though young kids like the one in the video are being "educated," I just think that means that they have more practice with a gun when the time comes that they feel like they need to kill someone.

There's a huge difference between injuries and death caused by an accident and those deaths caused by someone with intent to take a life. There is little that can be done about gun related homicides. If those that commit these kind of crimes didn’t have guns, they would simply find another way to kill.

Back