• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You guys have this in the U.K.?

I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to wear a pink top to a shooting range.

Still, nice to see daddy insisted that ear-protectors were worn; remember, when teaching your pre-teens how to use heavy support weapons always think of their safety first.

th_crylaugh.gif

remember, when teaching your pre-teens how to use heavy support weapons always think of their safety first.

I teach a foreign exchange student from Germany. The past two weeks have seen the opening of deer hunting. He was very shocked with how common guns are where we live(it's a small farming community)

blue-Yep, it's fer fun!.:D You don't take your daughter out to shoot an M-60 machine gun?

My son learned how to shoot when he was small, using a Browning shotgun. But I think getting together with a big group of people to shoot guns all day is stupid. A gun is a tool, not a toy.

Isabell said:
What the hell?!??!?! I'm staying out of Oklahoma! Geeez:eek:

It's a first amendment thing-since the revolution, folks have been jittery about not possessing guns.:D

Kenny Shovel said:
I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to wear a pink top to a shooting range.

Still, nice to see daddy insisted that ear-protectors were worn; remember, when teaching your pre-teens how to use heavy support weapons always think of their safety first.

Ha-ha. Your humor is good.

We do not have that here, that's for sure.
As to me - I like it very much to shoot from my air gun - it loosens the nerves better than anything.
And my daughter likes it too.
And we do not need ear protection for that...

Stewart said:
Thankfully not.

That was boring to watch. What possible enjoyment comes from that?

I guess you have to like demolishing things and making a loud racket at the same time..I think it's one of those Redneck things;)

Firing automatic weapons is fun until the novelty wears off, but it lacks the challenge to keep it interesting.

Nice to see children learning about this stuff at an early age.

Robert said:
Firing automatic weapons is fun until the novelty wears off, but it lacks the challenge to keep it interesting.

Nice to see children learning about this stuff at an early age.

Are you being sarcastic? or you really mean that?

How come it is nice? (no offending)

My personal or emotional reaction to this:

This kind of thing usually made me perplexed. It tended to lead me think this world is strange. Like there is this kind of tv program, those two men fight against each other on the stage, or two women fight in the mud (cat’s fighting?) and the audience seemed to be excited about this, shouted and whistled.

I really don't understand. I JUST CAN’T UNDERSTAND. Maybe my brain is too little to understand this world. Why? What is the fun in there? That kind of world is as ridiculous to me as I was to that world or that reality anyway. It IS strange. anyway......

*waves hands to my ladies "I've revived. Can't leave here at the moment."*:)

Crystal said:
Are you being sarcastic? or you really mean that?

How come it is nice? (no offending)

I’m very serious. The best way to prevent accidents with firearms is to be taught how to use them properly. Proper training teaches respect for a weapon.

Robert said:
The best way to prevent accidents with firearms is to be taught how to use them properly.

I would have thought that the best way to prevent accidents with them would be not to have them. Then again, I'm not a crazy Republican; just sensible. :)

Robert is right as well, a lot of schools have gun safety programs and where I live, it's not too uncommon to have kids show up to school and leave their guns in their trucks-because they got up at 4 a.m. to go hunting. I'm not concerned at all as these kids are farm kids and have been taught the proper care and respect that having firearms requires. I don't have any guns in my home, but we don't have problems like-St. Louis. The problem between my community and east St. Louis is that our community, our families, and their values, differentiates for children between what is hunting and what is killing. So perhaps it's a mindset thing that matters, not just possessing guns.

Of course, some people have some strong views on both sides of this one. You Euros have a different picture of this whole thing while those of us in the states have grown up with quite a different perspective.

You Euros have a different picture of this whole thing while those of us in the states have grown up with quite a different perspective.[/QUOTE said:
Us "Euros" have got a much lower gun crime rate than you. Unfortunately though we are catching you up at a startling rate.

Back