• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

You know you are a member of TBF when.....

leckert said:
Good thing he's smart, huh?
Don't you worry about me sunshine, I'm doing just fiine...

0,,2003310398,00.jpg

Believe you me, I couldn't pull women better if I was covered in honey and giving away free shoes

direstraits said:
9) When you try to check posts on a dial-up connection!
[gasps of astonishment and disapproval!]

ds
But dial-up is all we can do at the moment..we are too far from the big city, and our local server has a monoply on the only dial-up service within reach. It galls us to have to pay double what everyone else has to pay, plus a big fee up front(at last checking).

abecedarian said:
But dial-up is all we can do at the moment..we are too far from the big city, and our local server has a monoply on the only dial-up service within reach. It galls us to have to pay double what everyone else has to pay, plus a big fee up front(at last checking).
I'm in the same boat. No cable , no DSL out here and only one phone company. But I can't complain too much because of the cost, we pay a low flat fee for unlimited usage within a certain area. So I gotta take the good with the bad.

cajunmama said:
I'm in the same boat. No cable , no DSL out here and only one phone company. But I can't complain too much because of the cost, we pay a low flat fee for unlimited usage within a certain area. So I gotta take the good with the bad.

If you are on dial-up, you can always go to one of those $10/month companies... (like Juno or NetZero)

My mil is about to quit her $10/mo Juno because of being disconnected frequently. What bugs me, when she gets on swb/yahoo dsl, her fee will be $14.95 monthly, which is $3 cheaper than what we pay for dial-up :(

Not where I wanted the conversation to go, but there you are. :) We can see plenty of TBF addicts right here.

Letssseee.... okay:
10) You'd rather get a hundred thousand papercuts on your face, than to spend another minute without TBF (a hurrah if someone could tell me which song that came from!)

ds

You finish a book at 3 am, you work at 8, and you still fire up the computer (which was turned off to save hyrdro) to chance you're currently reading thing, and post about the book in the "just finished" thread.

abecedarian said:
My mil is about to quit her $10/mo Juno because of being disconnected frequently. What bugs me, when she gets on swb/yahoo dsl, her fee will be $14.95 monthly, which is $3 cheaper than what we pay for dial-up :(

If you are paying $17+/- per month, you can definitely find cheaper service. I used Juno for a long time before I got my cable modem, and my dad still uses it and we have never had a problem.

I hear that NetZero is good, too.

There are a bunch of $10-$15 /mo dial up plans out there.

The problem with the DSL, for me, at least, is being where it is available.

When you read an article, a book or some other text and immediately wonder how certain people (e.g. Stewart) would pick it apart. Yep, I've done that - on several occasions now :p

direstraits said:
10) You'd rather get a hundred thousand papercuts on your face, than to spend another minute without TBF (a hurrah if someone could tell me which song that came from!)
Weird Al Yankovic - One More Minute

Hurrah! :D

---
One More Minute Lyrics

Aahh....

Well I heard that you're leavin' (leavin')
Gonna leave me far behind (so far behind)
'Cause you found a brand new lover
You decided that I'm not your kind (aahh..)

So I pulled (I pulled) your name out (name out) of my Rolodex (oohh..)
And I tore all your pictures in two
And I burned down the malt shop where we used to go
Just because it reminds me of you (dippity dippity doo)

That's right (that's right) you ain't gonna see me cryin'
I'm glad (I'm glad) that you found somebody new
'Cause I'd rather spend eternity eating shards of broken glass
Than spend one more minute with you

I guess I might seem kinda bitter
You got me feeling down in the dumps
'Cause I'm stranded all alone in the gas station of love
And I have to use the self-service pumps

Oh, so honey, let me help you with that suitcase
You ain't (you ain't) gonna break my heart in two
'Cause I'd rather get a hundred thousand paper cuts on my face

I'd rather rip out my intestines with a fork
Than watch you going out with other men
I'd rather slam my fingers in a door (yah)
Again and again and again and again and again

Oh, can't you see what I'm tryin' to say, Darlin...

I'd rather have my blood sucked out by leeches (leeches)
Shove an icepick under a toenail or two
I'd rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue

Yes, I'd rather jump naked on a huge pile of thumbtacks
Or stick my nostrils together with crazy glue
I'd rather dive into a swimming pool filled with double-edged razor blades

I'd rather rip my heart out of my ribcage with my bare hands
and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it 'till I die

When you are trapped in your house by a huge stack of books TBR but yet perfectly happy because it's fall and you are cozy with tea, your fave books, blankey and pillows.

When you have the following dream....

Its World Repatriation Day (don't ask, i have no idea) and i'm planning on posting a thread in the general chat area, entitled - World Day: if you were a Country, what country would you be and why?

:confused: :eek: :eek:

oh and cute avatar Ronny. :)

Kookamoor said:
Weird Al Yankovic - One More Minute

Hurrah! :D
Hurrah for Kook! Can I say you're weird because you're able to answer that? :)

Let it be known that I choked with laughter when I read the lyrics in a meeting... composing myself was difficult with the meeting coordinator looking straight at me. Good stuff.

Okay, here's another one!

11) When everyone ignores you in a thread and hope you'd just shut up and stop posting inane stuff, but you keep posting anyway!

Hmm... I'm suddenly depressed at that... :(

ds

direstraits said:
11) When everyone ignores you in a thread and hope you'd just shut up and stop posting inane stuff, but you keep posting anyway!

Hmm... I'm suddenly depressed at that... :(

ds

A *hug* for you, ds. ;)

12) When it is the first website you visit everytime you get on the computer, even if you haven't read anything in a while.

Back