• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your home

Ruzi

Not too far back I re-did my room, ocean/beach theme. Light blue walls, white trim, white and white wicker furniture and dolphins and sea shells all over. I'm still slowly adding more when I can.
Evutally I hope to get the rest of the house, painting and re-aranging the rooms.

Maybe I'm just boring, but I like hearing about decorating ideas, homes, houses, how they look, how people do it. So, I want to hear about things any of you might have done with your homes, rooms, etc.
Feel free to post pictures if you want. ^_^

I painted my living room in a a loose earth theme. The garpet is green ( grass ) The walls are blue ( sky ) The ceiling is white ( clouds ).

My bedroom is a loose night theme. Everything is black apart from yellow skirting boards. There is a moon lamp shade. I have stuck silver stars all over the celing and a few on the walls.

Bathroom. I went insane. Totally black. I went in their with a paintbrush. White paint. and started painting all kinds of strange pictures. Some days I love it, some days not lol

Kitchen. Still needs painting. Uninspired. I have some sandy colour paint. Don't know!

I like your ocean theme, sounds good :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

My house designs currently include -

Living on the sofa in the lounge, because all my stuff is piled up about 4ft thick on the bed in my room

Spending nearly all of my time in the house sitting upstairs in my dad's 'office' on the computer (but at least it has a comfy chair :))

Keeping the rest of our stuff piled up in our two cars, waiting to be transported to a new house, just as soon as we ever get one :(

Phil

My bedroom is a loose night theme. Everything is black apart from yellow skirting boards. There is a moon lamp shade. I have stuck silver stars all over the celing and a few on the walls.
That sounds like it'd turn out good, one of my friends is doing a similar theme for her room as well.

A few pictures of my room, if anyone cares to see.
http://ruzika.homestead.com/files/pics.jpg

Don't have a house yet, but I'm planning on doing the kitchen in an orangy/peach color.

I have been preparing some furniture for a future house...the bookshelfs are being painted a light green (very light) with an even lighter/almost white green in the interior where the books sit. Looks really neat with the two tones.

Been working on the bck yard for a long time, paving by contractors, plants etc me and the neighbour, sandpit me, lighting, still to do, grass next week, i'll post pics in a few weeks.
Very hard work. Yet rewarding

It's blue. When we moved in it was hideous. The skank hippy whore had this one room that was such a violent pink that you couldn't see straight. She also had rice stuck to the walls in the kitchen where she was such a good home maker. We had no choice but to rip the kitchen out and start again. She was a tramp and she deserves drowning.

Anyhoo, it's blue. It's the only colour my boyfriend would ever agree on. It's various different shades of blue, but it's still blue. Except the hall, which is yellow, but that's only because we haven't gotten around to repainting it, and the bathroom which is white, but only because there's no point in painting it (blue) until we get a new bathroom fitted. Maybe something in blue.

The furthest deviation from blue I managed to get was the kitchen, which is aqua, and is a greeny blue, though I like to think of it as a bluey green.

Word of advice, you may think that those big squares of mosaic tiles are a labour saving device when it comes to covering large areas of wall quickly, but when you come to do the grouting you'll see it's all a big con. Especially when your boyfriend, who chose the damn things in the first place decides he doesn't like getting tile cement or grout on his hands, so you're left to do the whole thing by yourself.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

I find house decorating very difficult. My current decor consists of "stuff people game me". Fortunately, I know a lot of people with good taste who have things to get rid of. Now if only my boss would redecorate again, I could have all his old stuff. The print from his last ex-wife that no one else in the office liked is the focal point of my living room.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the kitchen - people always go for an annoying theme like roosters or chili peppers - so I bought a nice ocean-y photo for inspiration and hopefully I can work with the colors there. So far all I've done is looked at a lot of paint samples. Oh, and a friend of mine does nifty pottery so I bought some really pretty blue and tan stuff from her.

When we moved in, we went from one bathroom to two and so didn't have anything for the "guest" bathroom, and we'd been at the hardware store for 2 hours, and had low blood sugar and were giggly by the time we got to Wal-Mart, so the bathroom is all Texas flags. People have given us pictures with Texas themes to hang there as well. One of my friends refuses to enter it and has to use the other one. I went to someone's house and they had their entire house in Texas-y stuff, and it was way too much. I'm glad we confined it to one room.

I guess I should mention that a reoccuring theme in our house is "cats." The bedroom has drawings, photos, and posters, plus stuffed animals, of the "great cats," such as lions, panthers, pumas, leopards, ocicats, and more.

The study has a domestic cat theme, with stuffed domestic cats, and photos of my own cats, plus a big photo of a brown tabby.

Elsewhere you'll find a cat item here or there...people give me cat stuff all the time. Since I've been a cat-lover from about age 6, I've accumulated a lot of stuff (I haven't kept all of it...a lot was crap).

SillyWabbit said:
I painted my living room in a a loose earth theme. The garpet is green ( grass ) The walls are blue ( sky ) The ceiling is white ( clouds ).

Bathroom. I went insane. Totally black. I went in their with a paintbrush. White paint. and started painting all kinds of strange pictures. Some days I love it, some days not lol

Kitchen. Still needs painting. Uninspired. I have some sandy colour paint. Don't know!

I like your ocean theme, sounds good :)

Regards
SillyWabbit
*Likes the sound of the walls* ;)

Litany said:
I knew the walls had ears, but I didn't know they could talk too. That's quite frightening really.

Walls do have ears and that's what makes their icecream so very tasty! Ears and horse knackers are the secret ingredient. My uncle Bob used to work there. True!

Regards
SillyWabbit

Back