• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your opinion of my long TBR list...

Firstly Aqua, great idea!

I think that you and I have very similar lists. Due to my slow reading speed, I tend not to read books over about 600 pages, so the Ayn Rand books and a few others are probably out for me!

There are quite a few on your TBR list that I've read and many, many more that would be on mine. So in my opinion, your list looks very good.

If you haven't read "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak I would definitely suggest you add that one to your list! Sorry if I've just fattened it up a touch more!

Worthy reads (I'm sure you already know that). You should at least read one by each author. Put Lolita at the top of your TBR list. :p

I'm disabled - can't work nor drive. :(

I am sorry to hear that, but what a blessing that you have a hobby that does not necessarily require driving. You are also a blessing to others on this website. Your posts are pretty entertaining! I can imagine if I were homebound I would have a stack of books by me all the time. TV is really not my thing (unless I can watch a show about overweight people losing pounds. My husband makes fun of me for this but it's kind of become an obsession. Weird, huh?) That is how you learned to utilize the internet so well, you have time. I've wondered why everone else in the world is so much more technologically advanced but I guess it's all in what you make time for.:D

Great list AquaBlue.

If you ever get to Alexandre Dumas I would recommend The Count of Monte-Cristo better than The Three Musketeers. Much better book in my opinion.

Some of the books from your list that I ejoyed recently:
Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-five and Cat's Cradle
Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita

I would also skip Ayn Rand, but maybe you should try it for yourself.

At my current speed that list would last me the next 10 years :lol:

Wow, that's some list. I haven't read that many of them, but a few quick observations/opinions for you.

1) Dickens: you can't go wrong with David Copperfield!
2) Most Jane Austen (esp. Pride & Prejudice) should be on the list, unless you've already read them all.
3) Salinger: try Raise High the Roofbeams Carpenter and Seymour An Introduction (found published together in one volume).
4) I'm the only one of my friends to think so, but I thought A Prayer for Owen Meany was dreadful.
5) Mixed feelings about The Kite Runner, but give it a try.
6) Great to see Little/Big on your list; have you found a copy?

I think it looks fantastic! A lot of those titles are on my TBR list as well.

Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favorite authors and you have 2 on your list (that I saw). :) I recently read In Cold Blood and The Bell Jar and really liked both of those as well.

What a fun way to display your TBR list!

Lolita and In Cold Blood are excellent. Definitely start those ASAP! I also read The Blind Assassin and while there were aspects I loved, overall I wasn't really enthralled with it. The different stories didn't really come together in a way that I liked. But if you've read most of Atwood's other works, then you may as well give The Blind Assassin a try.

I bow down before your TBR list! What an excellent range of books...I am happy you included a couple of Native American works as well. I went to a Sherman Alexie reading (I live not too far from the reservation where he grew up). I took an Native American Fiction course in college and the proff was a Native American. May I suggest James Welch's Fools Crow or Winter In The Blood. . Have you read any Eudora Welty or Flannery O'Connor? Pretty much everything they wrote is canon worthy...

---

Back