• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your Personal Library

I don't think I have very many compared to a lot of you! Maybe 250 or so? I have almost every Stephen King book written and a few others in the horror genre as well (Koontz, etc). Most of what I read is either dramatic or humourous fiction. Also, I have quite a large collection of travel books (guides, travel literature and country info books), as one of my other hobbies aside from reading is travelling.

setup

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

nick_m100

I own all of my favorite series in hard cover which equals to 50 books total. All of the rest of my books are all in paperback and that equals to about 20. I'm a big fan of donating to my local library; if I know I won't read a book again I'll donate it so others in my community are able to enjoy the book as I did.

I cataloged all my books in Librarything last weekend and found I have 184. I wondered where all my other books went then remembered selling them in a yard sale last year. I wish I hadn't done that.

I now have 812 books and manuscripts of which I am reading Bram Stoker's - Dracula. Good read that, with only 32 pages to go I plan on reading frankenstein next and then getting back to Michael Crichton.

Also: Does anyone else have a goal for how many books they want eventually? I'm aiming for over 160,000 so as to beat one Thomas Phillips the greatest bibliomaniac ever who lived.

I want to know whatever happened to this dude.

I wonder how many books he has now.

I have room wife calls book room and have 6 bookcases. They are divided into sections including fiction, reference, travel guides and maps, and religious. In US I have boxes and boxes of books stored in a barn.

I have room wife calls book room and have 6 bookcases. They are divided into sections including fiction, reference, travel guides and maps, and religious. In US I have boxes and boxes of books stored in a barn.

Jim-This thread is worthless without pictures.:whistling::)

Jim, I couldn't help but read "I have a room wife" as if you have several wives, each with their own department in the house. My bad.

Pictures, please. :)

Man, all I got is two measly book shelves for my books (not completely full, either) and one for the baby's books (he has a pretty comprehensive library for a 4 month old). I keep telling my husband that our next house must have a separate office / library - preferably with built in shelves! - but clearly my collection is in its infancy compared to some of these.

I remember reading this thread a couple of years ago and feeling too ashamed to post pics of my library because it's so much smaller than most. However, I went on a mass market paperback reading spree last year and my library has grown to a respectable size. After I find a good corner bookcase I'll get my pics up.

Man, all I got is two measly book shelves for my books (not completely full, either) and one for the baby's books (he has a pretty comprehensive library for a 4 month old). I keep telling my husband that our next house must have a separate office / library - preferably with built in shelves! - but clearly my collection is in its infancy compared to some of these.

Don't feel bad, you have to start some where. Just enjoy adding books as you go, no feeling like it in the world.:D

Back