• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your pets and reading

abecedarian said:
Don't you just LOVE over-sized dogs that think they're lap babies:rolleyes:
Oh tell me about it! I have a 7 stone dog who loves to sit on your lap :rolleyes: :D

Isabell said:
They are great dogs to have.....they are so loving, but if you don't want a dog underfoot all the time or want a pair of eyes watching your every move, these are not the type of breed you want in the house....not to mention that they are hard to potty train and hate the cold and have more accidents in the winter months.....oh joy:rolleyes:

Chihuahuas are easy to train and have no clue what "sit beside me" means. They think they have to have full body contact whenever the favored person is still long enough. They'd make great spydogs as well. And as protection against prowlers and cats..forget it:rolleyes:

The dogs and cats don't usually bother me too much while reading, as I make sure they are fed before I settle down. But the chihuahua (tiny size) sits on one side, and the other side either has the big dog, well shes only about 45 pounds, sort of a blonde shepherd, by name of Zazu, or the largish Alpha Male cat with the odd name of Goldie, I know.....its a girls name, but when I named him, I wasn't sure, as he was wild. Now he is sweet as can be. Of course there are more cats on the back of the sofa trying to pull my hair out by the roots or looking over my shoulder.

Otherwise....no interference at all.:D Little rotters.:rolleyes:

let's see..our neighborsdog comes over to our house when i'me reading and disrupts it. so does my turtle, when she crawls out and wants food. lol.

My owners....i mean cats, are generally pretty good when I'm reading on the couch though. Curl up in bed with a book and you'll soon find a tale in your face. They also chase my cursor around my monitor. They're been known to send weird messages to friends on MSN when I forget and leave myself signed in.

ahah that reminds me of my cats laying on my AP Euro book while i'm trying to take notes on that specific section. taking them off the desk is pointless since they jump back on again anyhow

Best thing to do with cats when you don't want to be bothered by them is to tape their legs together. It doesn't hurt them, and I'm sure they don't mind it really.

CDA said:
Best thing to do with cats when you don't want to be bothered by them is to tape their legs together. It doesn't hurt them, and I'm sure they don't mind it really.

Where do you find cats docile enough to allow you to treat them like cattle? We must have tougher housecats in Kansas:D

My German shepherd never really interferes but sometimes he'll shove the book in my hands with his nose or lick it or something... couple of pages have been ink-smeared like that. :rolleyes:

Good dog though.

I used to have a hamster that I would place on top of my head when I read but after a few "surprises", I decided to just let her crawl around my bed. She would also hang on my lip with her little front legs. But now, she's in hamster heaven...:(

Well I have a 42 pound beagle cross that lays on one of the 2 beds or the couch in my house all day long.Right now shes sleeping where I like to lay down and read books.:D

My cats love to lay on my chest when I'm reading. The only do it when I'm reading, and the make sure they get right in the way so I can't see the pages. It's really cute, but annoying at the same time.

Back