• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Your pets and reading

My dog Cosmo climbs onto my lap as I am reading the morning newspaper. He rolls onto his back and gazes up at me, making it impossible for me to continue reading....Cosmo weighs 65 pounds! But of course, I enjoy our morning ritual.

We have a mut terrier that lies around the couch. He doesn't mess with the books much, otherwise, I'd have to have him put to sleep.

When my big dog lies on my newspaper or book, I accuse him of feline behavior. He looks quite offended at that.:p

I have one cat who likes to sit on my lap and purr while I read. I like this much, as her fur is very fluffy and soft and I like to pet her while I'm reading. Unfortunately, I am a very figety person, and sometimes when I shift, she decides to get up and stretch right in front of the page I'm reading. :mad: But I love her anyway. Most days. When I'm not reading. I think. :confused:

I usually read on the bed so Fluffy, my dog, will come bark at me (she can't jump on the bed) till i put her on the bed. Most of the times she will curl up at my feet and if i move she'll move after me :D

For ions: Mmmm, yummy!

morceaux.jpg

I've been meaning to take a picture of one of my girls on my books for a while, and I finally got one today. This is Ava

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y181_PrairieDyke_IMG_14891.jpg

She appearantly wanted my attention.

I've been meaning to take a picture of one of my girls on my books for a while, and I finally got one today. This is Ava

Ava is a smart kitty..she got what she wanted, and so did you! She's beautiful. When we had a hammock in the backyard, the three or so cats would vie with the dog to see who could get the best spots as I struggled to keep from falling off or dropping the book. The main advantage for the cats was I considered them lap creatures, while Daisy the mutt would only fit in the laps of three large adults sitting on a couch.. This didn't faze Daisy too much though..she thought my face at her nose level was some sort of request for a face washing:p

Ava is a smart kitty..she got what she wanted, and so did you! She's beautiful. When we had a hammock in the backyard, the three or so cats would vie with the dog to see who could get the best spots as I struggled to keep from falling off or dropping the book. The main advantage for the cats was I considered them lap creatures, while Daisy the mutt would only fit in the laps of three large adults sitting on a couch.. This didn't faze Daisy too much though..she thought my face at her nose level was some sort of request for a face washing:p
Yes, I know what you mean. My dog is just a little over the weight limit for a lap dog, so we let her pretend she's one. My neighbors' dog, on the other hand...well, it's a golden retriever. The biggest flippin' golden retriever I've ever seen. And it thinks it's a Jack Russel terrier, which isn't always good, as when it tries to jump on me in excited hyperness, it's actually taller than me. :eek: Mind you, I'm a short person myself, but it's kind of scary!

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y181_PrairieDyke_IMG_14891.jpg

OMG! I have that exact same blanket. That even looks a bit like my cat. Are you in my house? lol :p

Back