• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

your to-read list

I don't really keep a list of what I intend to read, but there are things that I think: 'yes, I must try such-and-such'.

Like Stewart, I have plenty of books on my shelves that I have yet to read, but unlike Stewart, I couldn't give you a list of them.

I fully intend to read some (at least) of them in the coming year, but I think that the only specific literary aim for 2008 that I have thus far is to read some more Thomas Mann (possibly Dr Faustus).

I have 2 bookcases of books that contains my TBR pile, and I have my spiral notebook that contains books that I would like to purchase. As well as my amazon wish list.

I've a list on my computer with my read and unread books. In addition I have the amazon wishlist and enogh unread books in my shelf. And in this year I want to read as much as I can from my list.

Most of mine are on my Amazon wishlist, but that's for other people to buy for me. When I head to the bookstore, I simply purchase on a whim. I know each and every book I own and have read as well as those few that have yet to be read (though that pile has grown substantially since Christmas), so no list is really necessary.

I use librarything to keep track of what I've read and haven't I tag everything I haven't read with "tbr." When I need to see what I have that wants reading, I select the tbr tag and poof, there they are.

I also have a binder, reading notebook and excel spreadsheet... ooh, I'm such a junkie for organizing things :rolleyes:

I have about three hundred books on my TRL at the moment. I guess I should feel overwhelmed but I'm more frustrated with the fact that I can only read so fast. I want to read them all this minute. :p

In regards to making lists, the reason why I keep a list is because I am a list maniac! I love making lists of everything and so I make lists of books. It is also helpful when I am at the bookstore or library to have a list of books to look at, but mostly, I make a list because I enjoy doing it. :)

Back