• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

your to-read list

What does your to read list look like? is it a huge pile of books? is it a notebook, or do you scribble books you want to read on postit notes and random pieces of paper? or is it completely organized in your computer?

me: I have a huge notebook of to read books, which i've started organizing so I can choose what to read depending on what I feel like reading (horror, fantasy, no fiction, historical fiction, etc...)

Just received eight books, making it hard to appreciate the one I'm on. I'll be done for book buying for a month or two.:cool:

Mine is just a list on my computer. It's rather long. I also have some books that I have bought that I have yet to read, so I suppose you could consider them my TBR list as well...

AquaBlue said:
You've seen my list HermioneWeasley. It's pretty long I think.

Yes, it is. :D

I have a spreadsheet with two pages. Read and Unread. I don't keep the unread page so up to date, I try to add books as I buy them but it doesn't always happen. Whether they get added to the spreadsheet or not they end up on a shelf or in a pile. The Unread page is in alphabetical order, not in order to be read. In choosing my next book is done mostly on whim. I always have at least three in mind for the next book. For example after Ulysses I could read Snow by Pamuk, V. by Pynchon or a Wayne Johnston novel. Oh! Or maybe it'll be If on a Winters Night a Traveller. Sometimes there are books that must be read because I have set them as specific goals. Ulysses was a goal for 2006 and even though I waited until December it's getting done.

I don't keep a list but base my books to be read upon those sitting on my shelf that have not been read yet. As such, there's about 350 of them. Many, but not all, are listed on my listal page.

I scribbled a list in a notebook last year of the books I own but have not read. There were about 35 books on there. I have, however, been shopping since then...

I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with my vast collection of 3-Ring Binder stuffed with all sorts of stuff.. but I have two for books..one is for my olympic challenge and the other is for my generic books to read/books I've read stuff. Since I'm focusing more on the world literature project, that notebook is getting the most use lately. I have lists of various suggestions for different countries and print outs of articles that interest me concerning world lit. Sounds crazy, but it keeps me off the streets:p

My list looks rather like This. Plus there are the 82 unread books sitting on my shelf at the moment, some of my family's books, and other random books I come across in second hand shops. :p

abecedarian, I like the sound of those folders! :D

My list looks rather like This. Plus there are the 82 unread books sitting on my shelf at the moment, some of my family's books, and other random books I come across in second hand shops. :p

abecedarian, I like the sound of those folders! :D

Oh its nuts! I have binders for recipes, school stuff, and various other interests too...I feel like a Binder Queen sometimes:rolleyes:

I have my TBR list on a little spiral notebook so that I can take it to the shops and library with me. That being said, I haven't been to the library or bought any books for myself in the longest time, as I want to finish the books that I have bought but not read yet (only 14 to go :D ). After that I'll have a blast hitting the bookstore - I got $80 worth of book vouchers from my graduation :)

i have a tiny notebook to take with me and a big one at home that's organized and a seperate one for books i've read.

i don't buy a lot of the books i read, i get them from the librar, so my to read list will never be a book pile. unless it's a pile of books i got from the library. that's why amazon doesn't work either.

My TBR list is... a little bit of everything? Generally it's a pile of books lying around or on the shelf. However, I also have titles written down and even listed online. Either on Listal or the public library website as items that I have saved to my list, so that I can request them later.

I have lists everyone imaginable. Unfortunately I rarely follow them. I'm much more likely to wander through the library, bring home big stacks, and then go from there.

Oh, I have so many books waiting for me to read them!

My to-read list currently consists of about 20 (but keeps growing) and the number of piled-up books which I plan to read next stands at about 6.

I have to have lists, it makes things so much simpler. Otherwise when I come to the library unprepared, I almost always end up bringing nothing good back home.

I use an excel spreadsheet which I often upload to: http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/ because it makes it look pretty :D. I also have probably about 60 books sitting in my bookshelf. I'm trying to get through these books before I buy more, but when I have the urge to go to a book sale and can get books for 50 cents, I just can't help myself!

I have a spreadsheet with two pages. Read and Unread. I don't keep the unread page so up to date, I try to add books as I buy them but it doesn't always happen.

Mine is just a list on my computer. It's rather long.

I wonder - why you people do this to yourself? Why to keep lists?

I think there are two types of people in the world: the ordered ones any chaotic ones. I am the definition of chaotic.

I can not stand clean desks, lists, organized tours, deadlines or whatsoever.

With the books, I go to the bookstore, look around, and come back home with a pile of books which I have not expected myself to have bought. I am following the feelings, not the lists.

I am however happy to have this forum. I escaped twice buying Haruki Murakami - something in my head kept buzzing that this could be a tough reading (read about this repeatedly here). I am not ready yet for this...

So, no lists. Lists make me feel bad :eek:

Back