• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

$114 Kindle

No reason too. The ads are just the screen saver and a very small banner at the bottom of the Home screen. While reading a book there are NO ads. Plus you get the the special offers some of which are nice. Already got a $20 gift certificate for $10 and $10 of free on demand movies.

I actually got a kindle for free at the BookExpo in NYC, but I don't use it much. I think I'm just a traditionalist in the sense that I like the feel of a real book.

You should start using it now. Load some books on there and take it with you when you leave the house.

Most books will always cost something and there will always be people too poor to afford to buy all the books they want to read, if any. I will buy an e-reader when they are like 50 bucks or less and the public library has e-books to "borrow". I have no hate for e-books, I'm just being practical.

Most books will always cost something and there will always be people too poor to afford to buy all the books they want to read, if any. I will buy an e-reader when they are like 50 bucks or less and the public library has e-books to "borrow". I have no hate for e-books, I'm just being practical.

Your demands are at least half-way there: many libraries lend out e-books.

Your demands are at least half-way there: many libraries lend out e-books.

That's true. I know that libraries are having to re-think their purpose and mission as technology advances. They aren't just houses for books any more; librarians today are information gurus.

Back