• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

3rd annual B&R SECRET SANTA

Is there a spending limit? I'd like an idea of what everyone else thinks is reasonable.

This is one of those best judgment things. A lot of folks in the past just used amazon and called it good. That option is especially useful as you can just pick a book and have them mail it to to your secret santa directly. This time of year, you can also find a lot of good books that are marked down. You can also hit used bookstores and find great values there. I think even moderately worn books would be good, though I know for a fact, that sparkchaser prefers books with loose pages, that are warped with water damage, and which don't have a cover.:D

Well, Santa just took off from amazon.com and will be delivering a book to a certain someone here between the 26th and January 8th. Hopefully, Santa will recover from the spiked egg-nogg to make the delivery sooner rather than later. In the mean time....tick....tick....tick....tick......:cool:

Amazon sent mine yesterday, though I had been told it wouldn't show up until after Christmas. Since I have Prime shipping, it should be there before the end of the week.

Also, on the other side of this, I got my gift yesterday! Not sure if we are supposed to say who our Secret Santa is or not. So I will give you the choice.

My Secret Santa was Sparkchaser.

I received "The Beer Book" by Tim Hampson, which was an excellent choice! I have tried quite a few beers in my day, purposely hunting out ones that I haven't tried before. Yet a huge portion of the book was filled with beers that I haven't even heard of, let alone tried. Got my work cut out for me. :D

Thanks again Secret Santa! Hope everyone has a great holiday season!

Santa came and picked up my gift today - hopefully it arrives to someone very soon, but the Canada Post reindeer aren't always the swiftest...

Santa came and picked up my gift today - hopefully it arrives to someone very soon, but the Canada Post reindeer aren't always the swiftest...
It's the cold dele,they can't fly with the rain, sleet,snow and all this nice weather we are having.

Unfortunately Santa just e-mailed me to say he canceled my order because the gift I wanted to send was nowhere to be found at the warehouse. Damn you Chapters! Now I have to hunt to find ANOTHER perfect gift.

Unfortunately Santa just e-mailed me to say he canceled my order because the gift I wanted to send was nowhere to be found at the warehouse. Damn you Chapters! Now I have to hunt to find ANOTHER perfect gift.

I have an explanation for that. The simple fact of the matter is that Santa's toy shop was unable to secure loans from lending institutions due to the financial credit crisis. Santa's workshop was forced to ask congress for money. The only string attached was that this guy would be appointed CEO. He has to work out a few kinks, but they will be working on it.

akimandjason.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2007_12_cousin_eddy.jpg

Uh yeah. Having a problem with that. I tried looking up all the posts by the person I have through the option on the member list, or by clicking on their name and using that option in the drop down. Both only produced 20% of the person's posts. Is this something I should be posting in the "Website Feedback, Help & Suggestions" forum? I am reserved to the fact that it might be an operator error, but the same number came up with both options.

Try this one -
go to your user CP (top left of the screen).
User options (left hand column)
Scroll down to default thread age cut off - set it to 'show all threads'

Otherwise the forum tries to only show threads from the last few months/yr when you browse/search. (most threads older than that can be thought to be redundant). You should find that the forum suddenly becomes bigger when you look for old posts.

If that doesn't work, sparkie may be posting mainly in threads that you don't have access to (eg moderator 'black ops' areas where they psychoanalyse the troublemakers and decide what to do with them). Of course he'd deny that.

Oh and this forum limits you to 500 results. For the older stuff you need to use the advanced search (click the search box)

If that doesn't work, sparkie may be posting mainly in threads that you don't have access to (eg moderator 'black ops' areas where they psychoanalyse the troublemakers and decide what to do with them). Of course he'd deny that.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :whistling:

What makes you think she got me? Besides, I be a prolific poster.

Back