• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Agatha Christie

I think she is very good. I like both Poroit and Miss Marple, but can't get too excited about Tommy and Tuppence.

My favourite would probably be the ABC Murders. Mystery of the Blue Train, 4.50 from Paddington..I rather like trains..are also enjoyable.
Ten Little Niggers, though I think it is called something else now..And then there were none (?) was also very good. Evil Under the sun, which was also a very good movie, and Death on the Nile are other favourites.

Marvellous books. Georgette Heyer is also very good, maybe even better. I find Dorothy L Sayers hard going sometimes, though I am enjoying Five Red Herrings.

The Secret Adversary is one of my favorites (and also a story of Tommy and Tuppence when they were young, for the one who asked). But, I'm a stickler for the popular titles as well: And Then There Were None, Roger Ackroyd, Murder on the Orient Express and all of the short-stories. Hercule Poirot is absolutely one of my favorite characters in all fiction, right up there with Bilbo Baggins and Hermione Granger.

In fact, as two of my absolute favorite authors of all time are Agatha Christie and C.S. Lewis, I found that J.K. Rowling is like the daughter they would have had. A perfect blend.

good bcoz i havent heard a reference to her since i joined.
she is very intriguing because some books make you think that she is a fantastic author but some books are utterly horrible.
but the bottomline is that she is accepted as the queen of crime
my favourites are "ABC MURDERS" "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS" and "ROGER ACKROYD"

yes i agree
some of her plots are ingenious while many are trash

I always have time for Agatha Christie. Last year she was the writer I read the most, seven novels. They're quick, captivating reads, and no matter how much I think her characters and writing is poor, once she gets the mystery in motion, I can't stop reading.

Some of her mysteries end up being pretty conventional, but I love it when she breaks the mould and innovates: the denouments of The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and Curtain place them on a league of their own; the moral compromise reached at the of The Murder on the Orient Express is one of the most satisfying endings I've ever read; and my favorite, And Then There Were None, elevates slasher fiction to art.

Read Agatha Christie and you're hooked on mystery novels for life. She was probably the author that hooked me into mysteries; impossible to figure out the villians in her books. Christie was a sly writer who kept you turning the pages.

I love this autor, Mr. Poirot and Miss Marple are amazing. Every book from Agatha Christie is masterpiece.

I have become addicted to these poiorot stories. I just finished Hickory Dickory Death and started Funerals are Fatal. I never read them before as I preferred tough guy detectives, but I really enjoy these stories. Even more than Sherlock Holmes.

I went through a stage or Poirot too recently and couldn't get enough of them. Have you tried Miss Marple? I prefer Poirot, but I daresay you will also enjoy the Marple mysteries. In fact, I don't think there is one Agatha Christie novel I have disliked.

I've recently enjoyed The Body In the Library. It's a Miss Marple, and I've decided that it's a satire. There is NO WAY it's meant to be taken remotely seriously. A policeman actually says: ''Allo, 'allo, 'allo.' This is SATIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've recently enjoyed The Body In the Library. It's a Miss Marple, and I've decided that it's a satire. There is NO WAY it's meant to be taken remotely seriously. A policeman actually says: 'Allo, 'allo, 'allo.' This is SATIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, she herself said it was satire of detective fiction in general.

That said, I do wonder if the old fashion coppers ever did say 'ello ello ello', I mean it had to come from somewhere, right? I shall ask my Grandfather when I next see him.

Heh, can you imagine a policeman popping his head round the corner and saying that nowadays in London... it would be awesome.

Yes, she herself said it was satire of detective fiction in general.

That said, I do wonder if the old fashion coppers ever did say 'ello ello ello', I mean it had to come from somewhere, right? I shall ask my Grandfather when I next see him.

Heh, can you imagine a policeman popping his head round the corner and saying that nowadays in London... it would be awesome.

That'll never happen.

Hi, I'm a big Agatha Christie fan from China!! I've read lots of her books. At first I read her books that were translated into Chinese, but now I read the English versions for they are the original language and I'm now in the USA. My favorite one is Crooked House, and Poirot is my favorite detective ever!

I have only read one book by Agatha Christie 'Secret Adversary'. And, I have become her huge fan. Would love to read some of Poirot books as well.

Back