• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ahoy, pirates!

Mental age or real age?

There's no smut, but there are a LOT of beards, and I don't know what your personal beliefs are on premarital ham, so let's go with 12.

Mental age or real age?

There's no smut, but there are a LOT of beards, and I don't know what your personal beliefs are on premarital ham, so let's go with 12.

Going by the reviews and comparison to Douglas Adams, I think that's a pretty fair estimate. I'm sure some humor might be a bit 'off-color', but hey, this IS a pirate book after all;)

I haven't read any pirate novels ( :( I'm suddenly feeling very deprived). Will have to check some of these out.

I did like the character Reepicheep in the Chronicles of Narnia series. A swashbuckling mouse, what's not to love!

Mental age or real age?

I'm thinking more along the lines of if I have a 10 year old brother would I recommend it to him.

He might like it. It's not filled with 'adult themes' or anything, but some of the jokes might fly over the head of a sprog. It's definitely written for a grown up audience, but in an immature sort of way.

Aw, you beat me to mentioning Rafael Sabatini. I've read all three of his captain blood books, which are wonderful. He writes great books, I've also read Scaramouche, although that's about the French revolution. I'd say his are my favorite. I've read treasure island, of course, and robinson crusoe(although that's not exactly a pirate book, but the same author wrote a book about pirates that I've looked through). I didn't enjoy treasure island that much. I've read Pirates! by celia rees but didn't enjoy it much, and now I'm reading the Pirate Dictionary and a history of pirates book ...that I'm too lazy to check the title of.

pirate books

i started a thread for pirate books and vampire books about a year ago, but the majority of the suggestions were about vampires. But now i saw pirates 3 for the 3rd time, and therefore am looking for lots of books, fiction and nonfiction, about pirates.

thanks!

Back