• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ambrose Bierce: An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge

We had to read this in school. At that time I didn't think much of it. Years later I remembered the story but not the title or the author. I spent hours googling until I figured out what it was. One of my favorite stories ever.

We had to read this in school. At that time I didn't think much of it. Years later I remembered the story but not the title or the author. I spent hours googling until I figured out what it was. One of my favorite stories ever.

I am exactly the same way. We read some lame abridged version in grade school that didn't do it for me, then rediscovered it years later. Great story with a great ending.

Great story. I am only just now discovering Ambrose Bierce (as far as I can remember). Any other stories of his to recommend?

This is one of my favorite stories of all time - talk about a surprise ending! Great - really great - as good today as the day it was written!

Bitter Bierce definitely catches your attention. Great link, a good book forum there too.

I don't know why I never read this short story. His epistolary short story, "Jupiter Doke, Brigadier-General," is great. Parts had me laughing silly.

Back