• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Anonymous: A Woman in Berlin

I don't know if I could stand to sit through a film adapation. I enjoyed the book, I guess. I don't know if 'enjoy' is a good term to use for this particular subject matter. All things considered, I thought the author managed to convey the horrors without sinking into crassness, but I don't know if film makers would be able to resist that temptation.

Thanks, you remain me title. This story based on the real and horror events when Red Army occupied Berlin and almost all German women were rapes soviet soldiers.

beer good, thanks for your excellent review of this compelling book. I read it a couple of years ago and it was a revelation. Like the best memoirs, it forces you to consider what you might do if faced with similar circumstances.

I hadn't realized a film was made of the book. Hard to imagine; I think I'm satisfied just to have read the book. I did notice in the article about the movie an interesting point about it being particularly hard for the women of East Germany in the decades after the war because, of course, there could be no open discussion there of this subject.

Those interested in this book and WW2 history might be interested in the recent publication THE BITTER ROAD TO FREEDOM, by William Hitchcock, which examines the hardships of the end of the war and the immediate postwar period for civilians all over Europe.

Those interested in this book and WW2 history might be interested in the recent publication THE BITTER ROAD TO FREEDOM, by William Hitchcock, which examines the hardships of the end of the war and the immediate postwar period for civilians all over Europe.
Looks most interesting, thanks for the recommendation!

Back