• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another Bites The Dust...Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another forum has expelled me. I am so very dejected. :sad:

Was it the writing one?

Short of you going full retard, BAR won't ban you.

I am curious though: when someone offers a suggestion/critique/advice (solicited or otherwise), do you actually read their post and understand what they are saying? This is an honest question.

If you have a problem with one or two people, it's could be them, or could be you.

If you have a problem with lots of folks, I think you need to start looking at yourself.

If you're getting banned from internet forums, many of which are some of the most tolerant types of places around barring racist/bigoted behaviour, they're hard to get banned from. You possibly should ask if you're really well suited to these places if you're getting banned for whatever reasons and causing upset.

Ask yourself: what are you hoping to get from these places?

Community? Then add it to it, don't detract from it.

Friendship? Then be friendly, kind, considerate, add to the environment, don't cause frictions.

Improving skills? If you ask for advice, then take it and consider it. You don't have to follow it, but give the person offering consideration.
Otherwise it's just a circle of pointlessness...

Chaos? May you're in the wrong kind of forums....

Another forum has expelled me. I am so very dejected. :sad:

AB, dejection is understandable, but don't be too hard on yourself. There is life after death. And, as I have learned through observation on many forums, some forums simply have bozos who like to be nasty and fight. Some people might say I have been in many fights, here and elsewhere, and I used to believe I was at least part of the cause in all cases. I have since seen many fights that don't involve me at all and have concluded that some people just like to do it.
So pick yourself up, dust your self off, put on a cheery face, and do your best to stay out of trouble.

P.S. No, there is no justice, and life is not fair. Just do your best to forget it. :flowers:

I have since seen many fights that don't involve me at all and have concluded that some people just like to do it.

Aye. I was in a pub in Inverness and this guy came up to me and said "Ian MacLeod, Clan MacLeod. Wanna fight?" Fortunately he got distracted by something shiny and wandered off. True story.

Of course, the corollary to your observation is that some people just have a habit of either painting a target on themselves or jumping on grenades to save a friend. I don't think either of those are AB's issue. He strikes me to be the person who's too caught up being self-absorbed to hear people shouting "don't walk into the freeway!" He's our accidental troll.

Aye. I was in a pub in Inverness and this guy came up to me and said "Ian MacLeod, Clan MacLeod. Wanna fight?" Fortunately he got distracted by something shiny and wandered off. True story.

ROTFLOL Sparky. We must be two of a kind.
Up in Boston, a patron of a bar overheard my non-Boston accent as I ordered up one evening and growled at me: "You must be one of those !@#$% liberals who support those Southies." (who at the moment were rioting on the TV for I-forget-what). I drank up quick and got out of there. We were the only two people in the motel bar that evening and he was prepared to have a riot of his own. I couldn't believe it.

Was it the writing one?

Short of you going full retard, BAR won't ban you.

I am curious though: when someone offers a suggestion/critique/advice (solicited or otherwise), do you actually read their post and understand what they are saying? This is an honest question.

I have acknowledge that this is a personal issue, and yes, I read all post.

AB, dejection is understandable, but don't be too hard on yourself. There is life after death. And, as I have learned through observation on many forums, some forums simply have bozos who like to be nasty and fight. Some people might say I have been in many fights, here and elsewhere, and I used to believe I was at least part of the cause in all cases. I have since seen many fights that don't involve me at all and have concluded that some people just like to do it.
So pick yourself up, dust your self off, put on a cheery face, and do your best to stay out of trouble.

P.S. No, there is no justice, and life is not fair. Just do your best to forget it. :flowers:

okay. I will try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back