• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Another Bites The Dust...Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what reason? You're good. As long as you are not violating any forum rules,its their lost not yours....

we were born to succeed, not to fail

Wow.
I thought your original post was meant to be wry humour, but "I hate every bit it. You can trust me on that one," sounded very sincere.
I'm sorry you are having such a rotten time. I hope you soon find one where the other members feel as comfortable having you there as you are to be there.

Wow.
I thought your original post was meant to be wry humour, but "I hate every bit it. You can trust me on that one," sounded very sincere.
I'm sorry you are having such a rotten time. I hope you soon find one where the other members feel as comfortable having you there as you are to be there.

See post 22.

Author/-Carlos-/AquaBlue has a certain, err, reputation on the internets.

See post 22.

Author/-Carlos-/AquaBlue has a certain, err, reputation on the internets.

If so, then I think it is a shame for reputation to travel across forum boundaries. I think a person should be entitled to a fresh start after any unfortunate incidents in the past on other forums. It's the way our justice system works -- evidence-based, not reputation-based. But then again, I have always been an idealist and I am getting to have less and less hope. :sad:

writers have big egos and are disagreeable when confronted?, why I'm absolutely shocked by the notion!

Welcome home Author, you will have to ban yourself if you want the status of forum exile. Then again, that title is already taken.

If so, then I think it is a shame for reputation to travel across forum boundaries. I think a person should be entitled to a fresh start after any unfortunate incidents in the past on other forums. It's the way our justice system works -- evidence-based, not reputation-based. But then again, I have always been an idealist and I am getting to have less and less hope. :sad:

What if his behaviour on other forums is evidence of his character?

What if his behaviour on other forums is evidence of his character?
I'm not quite sure what "character" means in the context we are discusing, although I do take your (implied?) point that it has standing in the justice system. But isn't that mostly in connection with sentencing? You tell me; I'm no expert. But I do believe that guilt or innocence should depend on whether there has been evidence of violation of the law as charged, not on having violated some other law in some other time some other place. And I believe that is firmly the rule in US trials, as far as I have ever read, and for any trial where I have been a member of the jury.

Word of mouth reputation, especially on the internet, where we are not talking about strict rules of evidence or cross-examination, is too easily contaminated by error, rumor, hearsay, misstatement and inaccuracy, not to mention the potential for grudges, revenge, personal maliciousness and deliberate misrepresentation.
/gasp, that such a thing should happen/

I'm not quite sure what "character" means in the context we are discusing, although I do take your (implied?) point that it has standing in the justice system. But isn't that mostly in connection with sentencing? You tell me; I'm no expert. But I do believe that guilt or innocence should depend on whether there has been evidence of violation of the law as charged, not on having violated some other law in some other time some other place. And I believe that is firmly the rule in US trials, as far as I have ever read, and for any trial where I have been a member of the jury.

Word of mouth reputation, especially on the internet, where we are not talking about strict rules of evidence or cross-examination, is too easily contaminated by error, rumor, hearsay, misstatement and inaccuracy, not to mention the potential for grudges, revenge, personal maliciousness and deliberate misrepresentation.
/gasp, that such a thing should happen/

Thing is, Author, or Carlos, is spreading the word of his own bad reputation all over the other forums he frequents. So if he would want to start anew, et cetera, why post up a thread on here saying "o poor me, I've been banned and now I feel sad" type of things? That's not exactly allowing the unsuspecting members of any other forum to see him with fresh eyes.

Thing is, Author, or Carlos, is spreading the word of his own bad reputation all over the other forums he frequents. So if he would want to start anew, et cetera, why post up a thread on here saying "o poor me, I've been banned and now I feel sad" type of things? That's not exactly allowing the unsuspecting members of any other forum to see him with fresh eyes.

I know nothing of what has gotten him banned except in one case, so I can't comment further. I will say I admire BAR for its tolerance. That is as I think it should be.:flowers:

It seems Carlos feels safe here, a sort of "safe house" if you will. I'm glad he feels that way, and that it is.
As far as I know he has not posted this lament elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back