• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Any photographers here?

Are you interested in a Monthly BAR Photo Challenge?

• Total voters

sparkchaser

Administrator and Stuntman
Staff member
Who here in BAR dabbles in photography for more than taking pics of the family or updating their Facebook?

My biggest problem is that I don't have "the eye" and 99% of my shots are meh at best; however, does Stewart have "the eye".

a4.bp.blogspot.com__9jmxfn73O3A_SaVzLOus7QI_AAAAAAAAAbc_Ilw86OAe6OQ_s400_the_eye_of_sauron.jpg

Get Michael Freeman's The Photographer's Eye....think that's what it's called. Talks through the elements of composition, explaining why photos work.

What type of lens did you buy? Did you overpay a lot, a little, or is that the normal price?

Get Michael Freeman's The Photographer's Eye....think that's what it's called. Talks through the elements of composition, explaining why photos work.

I have it. Was reading it but then got distracted by something shiny or maybe sex. I can't really remember. I am about 25% through it and it is really good.

I feel for you. Trust me. A couple of my colleagues are shutterbugs and it's pure ouch every time they tell me they've got new lenses (the ouch is from them. I just do the wincing).

If you want to feel a little worse I can try googling the going rate for that same lens over here (originals, not the ones that are spelt 'Conan' or something).

I would love to have a "Conan" lens. I'd use it to take photographs of you crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of their women.

If you ever see a 35mm, 50mm, or 85mm "Conan" lens, let me know.

Hell, I'd never use it. it would make a good conversation piece though. If you do find a "Conan" lens for cheap (and I mean CHEAP), I want it.

What? Not use it even to whack a couple of noisy neighbours or kids on your lawn?

I don't think there's such a thing as a Conan lens. But I may be able to find a Roleks or something.

Geez, Sparky, get your ass down here and I'll take you to the place! :)

I call myself a well-equipped amateur photographer.

So far, the most I've spent on a lens is just over $1000 (Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8). So, yeah, I feel your pain. =)

I haven't shot anything for the past couple months (been focusing on my writing), but I have a photography blog here:
DavidRM’s Photo Blog

-David

^^The pictures are very nice.I love masks and the ones you've captures are beautiful.
I also liked the one of your parents holding the photo album.Hope to see the rest later on.
Thanks for sharing.

Back