• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Any vegetarians? (contains images)

SFG75

I'm not:D

February2007004.jpg

Ornery Nebraskan! My soon to be 16 year old son has been known to call himself a "meatatarian.":rolleyes: Being the good homeschooling mom that I am, I couldn't refrain from teaching him about herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores.....after I stopped laughing, of course:p

I'm trying to slowly turn vegetarian, for moral reasons more than health, but it's kinda hard when meat is pretty much all my parents cook -_-

From last night. I don't mean to brag, but I grill one mean burger. I add seasoning to the patties and blend two BBQ sauces that compliment one another perfectly.

Oops, I did it again.

ai21.photobucket.com_albums_b300_scottgregory_00_February2007008.jpg

I'm trying to slowly turn vegetarian, for moral reasons more than health, but it's kinda hard when meat is pretty much all my parents cook -_-
I like you are trying to become vegetarian and have the same problem too. Lovely when your parents eat a cow a night, isn't it? I'm pretty close though. I eat meat only once a week at most. :D Now if I could only get rid of all the fat I eat...

Burgers look good. As soon as I can move my grill out from behind the shed (the four foot pile of snow from the plow is preventing it) I'll have a nice burger. I normally have a cheap webber out in the winter, but the plow ran it over. We have to wait for everything to melt to see if it can be saved.

I've only had buffalo as far as "exotic" meat goes. The meat is rather dry, which is a draw back.

I'd like to try llama but I don't think anywhere stocks it in the UK like they do with zebra, camel, kangaroo, and antelopes.

Hmm...I know a guy who has some llamas. I'll let you know if one dies. I could have another friend make it into jerky for you!

I went to Khublai khan for my 20th birthday 3 years ago. They had all sorts of meats to choose from. I tried shark, ostrich and yack amoung others. Shark was horrid! Ostrich was nice, as was yack. They also do OSTRICH, SHARK, VENISON, SPRINGBOK, KANGAROO, and ZEBRA.
These days i dont eat meat much. I do eat meat and enjoy it but try not to eat too much. If i do i tend to go for the organic/free ranged.

Back