• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

anyone has seen this?

And this?

ANACONDAS

anacondas.jpg

its strange you didnt notice the x2 movie before, it was a blockbuster last year
nice movie i really enjoy it, they fix a lot of the things fans were complaining after the first movie. cant wait for x3

hehe, no, i did not notice it before. had thought it was something like star war. but happened to see the trailer recently. emm, pretty good. :)

watercrystal said:
hehe, no, i did not notice it before.

But. But. But. WOLVERINE! How could you go so long without seeing the trailers and seeing Wolverine? Doesn't matter what the bloody film's about.

I liked X-men because I thought it had a really strong story line and was not your typical "beat em up with lots of special effects and no plot" super hero movie. The second movie X2 was exactly that and so did not like it so much. Also, it has so many plot holes in it you could use it as a tea strainer!

Litany said:
But. But. But. WOLVERINE! How could you go so long without seeing the trailers and seeing Wolverine? Doesn't matter what the bloody film's about.

EXACTLY!! YUM :D

i bought the dvd so now i can watch Hugh over and over and over and over...

but i did enjoy the movie for a number of other reasons. the biggest being it delved into wolverine's history and also touched on his feelings for jane (two things i had hoped to see happen after watching the first). the review i found most like my own opinion is here review

haven't seen anacondas, but i probably won't watch it anyway

Litany said:
I definately agree :D

watercrystal said:
hehe, no, i did not notice it before. had thought it was something like star war. but happened to see the trailer recently. emm, pretty good. :)

Just rent it already.

I prefered X2 to the original. The original annoyed me. They messed with the characters' storylines so much it barely resembled the X-Men at all. Rogue was always my favourite and in the films she's like a soggy pair of knickers. But with the sequel I'd prepared myself, and then it turned out to be a better story anyway. And did I mention Wolverine?

Whole-heartedly agree, Litany. Rogue kicked so much @$$ in the comic and even the cartoon show. I was really surprised at her portrayal in X1.
And, of course, Wolverine. :D

My friend's boyfriend came as Wolverine to a Hallowe'en party last year. It was amazing, he looked just like him (as Hugh Jackman). I was envious of her that night. J/K :eek:

They took away her strength in X-Men Evolution too, but they did at least make her into a surly little cow. Her and Gambit were always my favourites. Before the films, Wolverine didn't appeal too much, so they at least improved on him. And Storm is a lot less annoying too.

I hadn't heard of X-Men Evolution. I just googled it - is Evolution a series of short cartoon movies (based on the cartoon tv show)? I only ever read the comic and watched the cartoon show. If there are dvd's out there then I'd like to check them out.

Funny, Gambit and Rogue are my favorites too. The ppl I knew who were into X-Men had Wolverine posters (or whatever) but I never saw the appeal til I saw the movie. Though I still wouldn't put up posters or anything :)

Oh, wait, I see it has to do with them in their teenage years. Interesting. I'll check it out

Thanks for the tip :)

I mean Evolution the cartoon series for kiddies. Now that it's been on a while it's improved. When it started out there were a lot of teen angst stories, but later on Apocalypse shows up and that always makes for a fun story. And The Professor had a vision that showed Phoenix showing up, so it's getting into the good stuff now. Don't know about short cartoon movies though.

But you really can't beat the sexual tension that was going on between Rogue and Gambit. I can see that the first movie needed to have Rogue as a wimp, but the plot of the first one sucked anyway. It's not like there's a shortage of storylines in X-Men, so there was really no excuse for trashing Rogue for the sake of the film. It made me quite grumpy.

Back