• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

anyone watching survivor?

Yep. Thought they made the correct decision on who they voted off. That woman would have drove me nuts in a New York minute.

I try to use that show to teach my kids about some basic good and bad habits people have. Like "assuming" control and leadership when you have not earned it.

I felt bad for the first two who left because they were not picked, but that stupid woman who sang deserved it too. Why the young guy did not make it and the flaming homosexual did make it I can't figure out?????

Instead of singing her little song, Wanda should have just saved time and announced, "May I have everyone's attention please? I'd like to be the first person voted off the island!"

And I've got to wonder if Jolanda has ever watched Survivor before, being bossy has historically been a quick route to early departure.

i was saying the same thing. if i were to ever be on the show, i would be wallpaper initially, blend blend blend. i would hope that until the merge people would still call me whatshername. those are the people who make it to the merge.

yes jolanda had to go.
does anyone watch king of the hill? i don't but i know there is a character named boomhauer. anyone recognize him on survivor?

also moto, don't say flaming homosexual, it is soooooo stereotypical. now what did everyone thing of those muscle bound juice monkeys.....whew what hot beef cakes :D

kidding. :p

I love survivor. My hubby gives me a hard time about it, though. He thinks it is trash. But I tell him, how many stay-at-home moms and housewives do you know that don't watch soap operas? I don't watch them, so survivor gets to be my soap opera. And I tell you, my hubby likes to watch some trash, too, LOL!! :D

I knew right off the bat that Wanda was going to be booted off first. There's no way they were gonna let her stay on. And Jolanda, what was that girl thinking? Jenn, you got it right, blend, blend, blend

Typically I do try to stay away from the homophobic steriotyping comments,

But in this case I believe that guys outright flawnting (sp?) of his gayness was exactly the reason the show cast him in the first place.

Don't you think they pick people who will purposefully create tension? What better way than a very proud, out-of-the-closet, in your face gay guy in a group of "beefcake" straight guys?

I don't think that guy would in be offended by being called a "flaming homosexual". To me it appears he plays that card himself.

But I apologize if I offended anyone. :eek:

Motokid said:
Typically I do try to stay away from the homophobic steriotyping comments,

But in this case I believe that guys outright flawnting (sp?) of his gayness was exactly the reason the show cast him in the first place.

Don't you think they pick people who will purposefully create tension? What better way than a very proud, out-of-the-closet, in your face gay guy in a group of "beefcake" straight guys?

I don't think that guy would in be offended by being called a "flaming homosexual". To me it appears he plays that card himself.

But I apologize if I offended anyone. :eek:

i was teasing you :D my friend jon is a self proclaimed flamer. he says it is a sub group within the gay society.

oh yeah i think the group of psychologists and producers defiinitly look for that mix of crazy, dominant, hot, homely, eccentric etc. wouldn't it be dull if they all got along......no you take the immunity, you didn't eat much at breakfast......are you sure, you were really fast......*yawn*

i get teased too, and i do realize editing and set ups occur, but to me it so interesting to watch the little groups and gossip. it's like a crash course in sociology.

i would say my only problem is how everyone gets soooooooooooooo self righteous and so you lied, i won't lie, morals blah blah blah. this is a giant game of poker where the winners have the best poker face, not strength or smarts or saavy.

I've watched every season (except for the first) and I'm having a problem of actually getting caught up in this one... maybe because its so early.... :confused:

well the girl they voted off last night certainly didn't seem too upset to go. she had enormous breasts my god. no wonder she wanted off the sheer weight of them. but i was sad to see her go, i thought she was sweet. i would have preferred to see kim? go. i can't stand when they couple up like that. it's boring.

This show is one of my fave guilty pleasures. I knew Yolanda was gone as soon as she started barking orders. I always think, 'have the people on this show never watched it?', because if you had, you would know that the people who step up and be bossy from the start end up going home. It makes me wonder if they intentionally cast some people who have never watched it.

I was surprised to see the goth chick step up and dominate in the reward challenge like she did. She should shave those pits! The showgirl is way too skinny, I don't see how she is deriving that much energy from the little food that they have eaten. I hope she lasts, but I will be surprised if she does. It always amazes me how long the people with zero bodyfat can last on an almost starvation diet! I'm glad to see that Jeff is finally taking advantage of his position as he is dating that hottie from last season! Good for him!

which hottie from last season?
yeah i can't understand the super thin people either. do you remember one of the shows where the real tall thin guy was literally starving to death. he was glad to go, he was just soooooo hungry.

the thing that makes me the most nuts is when they do get food ,ie fish. they take the time to scale it gut it etc. and then they roast or fry it!!! take the whole fish, guts and all, boil it and drink the broth along with the meat. way more protien that way.

He's banging the dark haired hottie that was always sunbathing nude last season. She's the one that got Sarge to tan his butt.

right julie!!! i had t look it up. funny how quickly these people become a fixture in your life and then just as quickly disappear from your consciousness forever.

Lol that is so true, each season my mom and I become obsessed! I'm even thinking of watching "The Amazing Race" just because of Rob and Amber... but I barely have time to remember to watch Survivor....

i thought i saw them on the commercial. i don't watch it though, just survivor. did they get married or they going to do the realitly show circuit first?

k got my face mask on, tostitos and salsa( which i like to pronounce, ssshal sha), and i may even crack open a cold alexander keiths, just cause it's thursday, yeeehoooo!!!

Goth chick comes thru on the reward but they still can't win the immunity. As soon as that guy messed his ankle up, I knew he was gone. The skinny guy with glasses amazes me how he holds up during the challenges. As long as they don't get rid of Stephanie, she's the only hottie left! :D

Yeah, who was that chick that hung in there with the guys during the immunity challenge? You go girl!
Gotta jet, CSI is on.

I'm sorry, bad ankle or no bad ankle I'm getting rid of the blonde chick who has done absolutely nothing the whole time. The dudes ankle might get better in a few days, but that girl sure isn't. I'd rather feed the bum-ankle dude who can at least chop open coconuts. That girl (whatever her name is) is completely worthless. She was the one last week who never even tried in the immunity challenge, and bailed out first in last night's challenge too. Besides the guy stepped up and asked to be thrown off. He's a team player. She is not.

I just hate people who will not try to do a damn thing. The only thing I can figure is maybe she's doing something off-camara to make the guys want to keep her there. :eek:

Back