• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Photek, Squarepusher...

I love that tune. It's quite upbeat actually; for Titan I must admit I picture something a little more brooding, more creaking (it's an ice moon, no?)

How about this for Mercury: ‪Future Sound of London - Max‬‏ - YouTube

See, this is how I lose Saturdays with electronic and ambient music. I start listening to one song, then the CDs I've not yet imported into iTunes get pulled from storage, and the next thing I know I am on some obscure electronic music forum debating whether Autechre are any good nowadays...

for Titan I must admit I picture something a little more brooding, more creaking (it's an ice moon, no?) .
Yes Ice moon, not a planet it slipped my mind .

How about this for Mercury:
It's great :) By the way, it reminds me to Pythagorean melodies ( Harmony of the spheres ) , where each planet had their own sound ! yeah it's funny ! :lol:
What happen with Neptune ?

Did you know Triton is the coldest object in the Solar System. With its nitrogen geysers <shiver>.
Yes, I am aware of that . :) In fact, I am choosing, on purpose, the coldest Spheres .
As you know, ( my last sounds-readings were about Glaciology ), so I have a latent predilection for Ice and also, by blue colour.

Like Uranus is similar in composition to Neptune ( Ice Giants ), I closed my eyes and I sought the reminiscence of a Sound & Vision in le Moulin de la Mer de Glace .
For URANUS : Monolake - Ice :cool:

‪Monolake - Ice‬&rlm; - YouTube
By the way, URANUS is my planet !! and yours ?

I am Aquarius, and Uranus is my planet too! Does this mean we have to share it? :innocent:

Again, great song. The immediate opening was very Autechre.

Jupiter... I was thinking Stem Long Stem - DJ Shadow for the nice change in movement, but too much talking in it, and not appropriate at all for a majestic gas giant. I struggled a bit, but then remembered:

‪528 Hz & Jupiter's Electromagnetic voices & Alpha brainwaves‬&rlm; - YouTube

The actual sounds. With adjustments, I am sure.

I was thinking about the Great Red Spot of JUPITER so, I imagined a dialogue among clouds of gas before a storm .

Cosimah2o, my apologies for not being back sooner with a reply. I went away for a week and this thread drifted a little from my memory, but I was refreshed just now and remembered it whilst listening to The Orb's 'Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld'.

Thus, for Earth, I offer up this tune.

The Orb - Earth - YouTube

Thus, for Earth, I offer up this tune.
The Orb - Earth - YouTube
Hi Will,
I heard sounds of Birds, I love it !! Although the voice of the first man is a little disturbing/ worrying . :blink:

This repetitive message - And the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt. - seems an allegory of Bacchus . :lol:
Cosimah2o, my apologies for not being back sooner with a reply. I went away for a week and this thread drifted a little from my memory, but I was refreshed just now and remembered it whilst listening to The Orb's 'Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld'.
Don't worry, I also had my head in the clouds . ( J'était dans la lune ) ....
I am, literally, immersed in my geologic maps and Paleontological latitudes . I forgot to say hello to bored of canada . ;)
By the way, do you know the Lunar society ? I was reading about the grandfather of Charles Darwin, Erasmus.

The voice is a bit creepy isn't it just. Kind of nice and atmospheric though I found. I just love stuff by 'The Orb' so very much.

Now, I hadn't heard about the Lunar Society but a quick trip to Wikipedia fixed that alright. Seems like it was quite undefined for such a discussion group of the time - possibly that its membership was mostly for people in the Midlands of the UK at the time, as opposed to London, could have possibly contributed to that.

Now... what planets are we missing still?

The voice is a bit creepy isn't it just.
Really ?? Ask to Beergood :lol:

Now, I hadn't heard about the Lunar Society but a quick trip to Wikipedia fixed that alright. Seems like it was quite undefined for such a discussion group of the time - possibly that its membership was mostly for people in the Midlands of the UK at the time, as opposed to London, could have possibly contributed to that.
Actually, It was a group of scientists, philosophers and intellectuals persons who met regularly during the full moon .
But A WORD awakened my curiosity, LUNARTICKS -the members referred to themselves as a pun on lunatics.
But the meaning of lunatic is a person who is mentally ill, dangerous, foolish, unpredictable ..
I thought, it would be funny to be a lunatic as Erasmus Darwing nowadays, or even in the past ! :lol:

Now... what planets are we missing still?

and Moons !! I have one for our moon .
HELIOS - VELIUS
Helios - Velius - YouTube

One of my favourite albums remains Forss' Soulhack from 2003, composed on a laptop while travelling through Europe on an Interrail card. I don't think he ever released another album, at least not under that moniker, but it's good stuff if you're into Four Tet-type things.

These 3 examples seem a X-ray of our Rhythmic preferences ;)
City Port would define my style :whistling: and above all, JOURNEYMAN it's WILL & Voices forever !! :lol:

Beer good, now you must choose a planet ! :)

The bass-lines on the early part of Journeyman are seriously intense. Have my PC hooked up to an amp and a pair of TDL floor standers and oh my gosh... I think the house is shaking. City Port reminds me a little bit of some of Burial's stuff. Nice. Very nice.

Beer good, your turn to pick a planet and 'anthemise' it... I think we have a couple left. Or their moons possibly?

I think they're both great choices, Ceres in particular. Love the echo - there's something of Pete Frampton about that reverb.

Pluto is fine too. There's nothing like Bjork jumping around in manic fashion around a stage and 'woo wooing' down a microphone to kick-start the day also.

Back