• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Photek, Squarepusher...

Here's one for whichever is the closest quasar, going all the way back to 1967: -SILVER APPLES Oscillations & Seagreen Serenades
I guess... While the Quasar back to home, in the roof Will is already fluttering his redshift flag :whistling::lol:
By the way, I was reading about SILVER APPLES cause I didn't know about his musical course. Very interesting the role of the Mathematics !!

Puck is the largest of small inner moons of Uranus, it was discovered in December 1985 by the Voyager 2 spacecraft . Its surface is heavily cratered and is grey in color although nothing is known about the internal structure of Puck . Nothing surprises me, this moon is a naughty pixie !!

PUCK : Télépopmusik - L'Incertitude D'Heisenberg
(( By the way, the chorus is sung by R2-D2 !! ^^ ))

The Shepherd Moons are a small moons that orbit near the outer edges of Planetary Rings or within gaps in the rings themselves . The gravitational forces of Shepherd moons serve to maintain a sharply defined edge to the ring. Actually, the Shepherd moons are not a phenomenon limited to one planet, every ring around Saturn has its own moon. Several of Jupiter’s small inner moons are within Jupiter’s ring system. Uranus’ epsilon ring has 2 shepherds ( Cordelia and Ophelia ) - Neptune has 1 shepherd moon ( Galatea )

Shepherd Moons : JON HOPKINS - Lost In Thought
Jon Hopkins - Lost In Thought - YouTube

CALISTO is a moon of the planet Jupiter, it was discovered by Galileo in January 1610 . Callisto is composed of approximately equal amounts of rock and ices although the exact composition of Callisto's rock component is not known ... The ancient surface of Callisto is one of the most heavily cratered in the solar system. It does not show any signatures of subsurface processes such as plate tectonics or volcanism, that is, there are no large Callistoan mountains, volcanoes or other endogenic tectonic features but the idea has been raised that Extraterrestrial Microbial Life may Exist in a Salty Ocean under the Callistoan surface .

CALISTO : Arms and Sleepers - Matador
Arms and Sleepers - Matador - YouTube

● For My Asteroid 102 !! :whistling: : Lights Out Asia - Four Square (( I love it !! )) Lights Out Asia - Four Square (Tanks And Recognizers) - YouTube

I didn't know about this secret aspect like Tony Blair :eek: when I saw him talking in French sur TF1 .
Now, it's my turn for correcting your French style - Leçon 1 : Sacrebleu !

:) awesome reply, sorry I was away. Head in the clouds again. Amazing things to have one's head in...

I stand corrected on my French vocabulary, and shall use the correct terminology in future.

I love that Lights Out Asia track 'Four Square' btw!

:) awesome reply, sorry I was away. Head in the clouds again. Amazing things to have one's head in...
Don't worry , I'm also going to be away the next months.. Begins my ' Ski Tour saison ' :whistling:
I am sure, Beer good is already skiing weeks ago .

I stand corrected on my French vocabulary, and shall use the correct terminology in future.
I guess, tomorrow lunch with Tony Blair :lol::lol::lol:
Btw, Beer good teached me some useful words in Swedish, maybe you can use it with Tony's lunch ...
Copy it : Gräas, Trad, Stenar, Haglöfs, Tack !!

Gräas, Trad, Stenar, Haglöfs, Tack !!

I remember that - this was the hippy song, right?

(no offence, BG ;-) )

Gräas, Trad, Stenar, Haglöfs, Tack !!
I remember that -this was the hippy song, right? (no offence, BG ;-) )
Yes Good Memory !! But I extrapolated this hippy song toward the Geologist's world !! or sometimes in my fascinating discussions ....
In fact, It's a catchy song . I usually hum the melody often :whistling:

A Walk across the Universe ... My cousin called Curiosity has also a mission on Mars !! Curiosity rover its primary mission objective is to determine whether Mars is or has ever been an environment able to support life but it will not look for any life itself. It is also intended to analyze samples scooped up from the soil and drilled from rocks ...

For Curiosity rover : GOD IS AN ASTRONAUT - Fall From The Stars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkvzOTOCo0Y

Ah yes I've heard of Trentemøller. He was recommended to me by some Dutch friends who knew I enjoyed electronic music. I've enjoyed those tracks of his which I've heard. You've reminded me actually I need to pick up one of his CDs - maybe put that on my Xmas list :whistling:

I think he actually did a remix of Aphex Twin's Window Licker.

He does seem to encapsulate whole gaps of the genre in his music - i.e. from earliest days to the more contemporary tunes. Some of his more recent stuff reminds me of Noisia too.

You've reminded me actually I need to pick up one of his CDs - maybe put that on my Xmas list:whistling:
I already knew it because I read your letter of last year :whistling: I still remember your Suiseki Dream .
Well this year you don't forget to write - Larousse Pocket Student Dictionary French-English/ English-French - :D

Is my French so bad?
À vrai dire, we have the same level :whistling: that is, my Swedish pocket language & your French are like 2 lost Aliens in a Medieval hamlet :lol:
I think he actually did a remix of Aphex Twin's Window Licker.
Ah then << Miss you >> it's an Aphex remix ... Ok, because I thought this track was really a plagiarism :lol:

By the way Will, have you heard of Charles Hudson from Skillington ??
He's not an electronic musician, he was an Anglican chaplain and mountain climber ...
I was listening Prana and I remembered his adventure in the French Alps while I was reading another adventure ..... Yes, a chain of thoughts ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOdVxcutWgA

The Future Sound of London - Everyone In This World Is Doing Something Without Me
Woooooww I love it !! :) Touchingly beautiful !! In fact, my mind already begins to visualize Dinosaurs non-carnivorous in my 'cherères lunes ' and I visiting them as an Apeiron or maybe, as a Shooting Star or next to my asteroid 102 or as isotopes of oxygen in a lunar river or maybe in an ice mountain ......

By the way, I found a Geometric crossword :whistling: Actually, a love story between 2 dots , blue and yellow are looking for a place for being together in the same geometric plane ....
The Roche limit is a distance, the minimum distance that a smaller object (e.g. a moon) can exist, as a body held together by its self-gravity, as it orbits a more massive body (e.g. its parent planet); closer in, and the smaller body is ripped to pieces by the tidal forces on it .

For The Roche Limit : Lusine - 2 dots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIvRXCV9lk
The lyrics is very interesting !!

Two dots
joined by a line

might be detached
by a crime
who is responsible
when the line is stretched
who is responsible
when it becomes a triangle .....

Your Roche Limit anthem as it shall now be known is awesome. Is it just me, or are its lyrics quite melancholy whilst also managing to be upbeat in rhythm?

Back