• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are You A Slacker?

I am so sporadic in how much I read. I am always working on a book or two, but my time spent varies depending on what I have going on in my life and a few other distractions.

I read at least a little every day. Sometimes that's a paragraph or two with my morning tea, and sometimes it's an entire book. It really depends. I've been playing poker most afternoons and I always have a book in hand when doing so (unless I have had too many beers in the other).

I really have been a slacker most of this winter, but my dog was sick and I do spend at least an hour a day working out. I'm still trying to figure out how to pack 26 hours into a 24-hour day.

I have become such a slacker the last 9 months because I finally have a laptop which means I can haul my computer into bed with me, when it used to a book. So, consequently, I read more text but far fewer books. so. many. blogs.

I'm doing pretty well these days. As a mom of two young ones it's hard to find the time, but I willfully carve it out every day. I get up at around 3:40 every morning, send the man off to work then read the NYTimes for about an hour. Then I'm off to the day care with the kiddos and the hospital for work. At lunch I read my book, also for about an hour. I have Wednesdays off so I get quite a bit of reading done then too. Of course I'm in bed by 8 every night (exhausted) but it works for me and I can keep a slow but steady pace.

On vacations I read at a furious pace. Five books over the last one. Ahhh, that felt good.

My day isn't complete without reading. Most quiet moments are spent with a book (or kindle) in hand.

I may slack off for a few days with printed books, but not with audio books. It has became a habit of mine to listen to audio books when I am "on the go.", averaging more than 3 hours a day.

Rarely am I a slacker. Although they say not to, I normally read right before I go to bed. There are very few days I go without reading.

I've found it harder to read during the day of late, preferring to read later at night/into the early am.

I try to read at least once a day. Sometimes I'll skip a book if I'm feeling really lazy, but that rarely happens.

The last couple of days I've lost some of my reading enthusiasm but hopefully that will pick up again - I had a couple of books I thought would be interesting but both of them seemed a bit ho-hum. I think maybe a trip to the bookstore is on the agenda today.

Good luck with your reading Polly - how much longer before your degree?

I just started my postgrad in Modernist literature, Proust is part of it, I've to read all of A La Recherche du Temps Perdu (In Search of Lost Time) in the next ten or so weeks.
I'll have my degree in one year.

I just started my postgrad in Modernist literature, Proust is part of it, I've to read all of A La Recherche du Temps Perdu (In Search of Lost Time) in the next ten or so weeks.
I'll have my degree in one year.

Hope you enjoy your time at uni - and maybe get an hour or two sometime to read something of your own choice. :)

depends on the time of year...most of the year I'm a slacker reader. Been listening to more books on tape while I work.

I am definitely not a slacker; I read every day. In school, I seize every chance I can to read. Even if it is only a few minutes before the bell rings at the beginning of class or during lunch, I'll read as often as I can.
I would say I get at least two hours of reading time at school alone; I read on the bus before and after school, before school starts in the cafeteria, any moment I can during classes, and during lunch.
At home, it depends on how I feel and what else I have planned, but usually I will read for a few hours at minimum.

Back