• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Are you ready for school?

SFG75

It's getting to be that time of the year again. Personally, I'm very excited. My oldest starts kindergarten this year and we attended an "open house" party for him at his school. Aidan's "open house" is next monday. I go back to work on the 17th and I'm getting that itch to get back to work again. I'm also taking an online graduate course to pursue another career option.

How about you?, are you looking forward to school? Or are you being dragged kicking and screaming from summer into fall?;)

No! I don't want to go back! I love summer. Plus I haven't done all of my Honors English II homework that was assigned to us...:whistling:

I really need to do that and re-read To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm such a procrastinator.

Tonight I have to go meet our new band teacher for this year. I'm excited. I hope he's good!

Ready? Yes and no. Three kids at the local highschool this year, but I'll still have the youngest three at home. Spent most of yesterday writing lesson plans for the first four weeks.We could start as early as this coming Monday.. but since the local schools don't start til the 27th, I'm holding off til that week as well.

yes of course this the most exciting moment in the life of the student to going back to school to see the old classmate and friends as well as to meet new friends...

Im ready to start college, not to excited to buy books and such , and the enrollment fee hike here in california, but glad nonetheless.

I'm ready...I had to take last semester off due to work issues and I really miss it. Granted, I'm not looking forward to the 15 books I've been assigned for 2 classes because there goes my LIFE, but hey, these things happen.

Im ready to start college, not to excited to buy books and such , and the enrollment fee hike here in california, but glad nonetheless.

CA is in dire straits when it comes to money. I hate to ask, but what is the ballpark figure tha you have to pay? The governator and the state legislature are not exactly bosom buddies I hear.:lol:

Took Ethan to his first day of kindergarten today. Yes, we took pictures by the door and in his desk. :D

I start my junior year of college in a couple of weeks, and I'm more than ready. Ready to take some awesome classes and ready to be on my own again in my own apartment (instead of with my mom and grandmother, whom I love dearly even though they drive me crazy).

I've just recently decided for sure which direction I'm going in careerwise, so I'm anxious to get started down that path.

Yay school!

Well when I paid my enrollment ahead of time about a month ago it was $20 a unit now its $26 "its only a jc", im only taking 10 units because I have a job, what really made me mad was that I had already paid with the old price and yet I get a notice saying I owe $60 for something passed a month after I already paid. And the legislature board tries to say oh yes but were still cheaper that other states schooling systems, but what there not taking into account is the cost of living in california, which is like the highest in the country, and unemployment which was what 10 perc last time I checked?

Its an attempt to help bridge the budget gap but there doing it in the wrong areas, california won't be able to compete wage wise for top proffessors so we'll lose them to other colleges, less people will be able to afford to go to college as the price for tuition and books keeps increasing. So I think obamas goal of having the us turn out the most college grads worldwide by 2012 is seeming a little dim.

I start my junior year of college in a couple of weeks, and I'm more than ready. Ready to take some awesome classes and ready to be on my own again in my own apartment (instead of with my mom and grandmother, whom I love dearly even though they drive me crazy).

I've just recently decided for sure which direction I'm going in careerwise, so I'm anxious to get started down that path.

Yay school!

Best of luck to you! What do you want to major in and do when you "grow up"?:)

Hey, where does it say we have to grow up?:whistling:

Okay, mentally we don't have to grow up, but we have to "do something" to feed ourselves and put a roof over our heads so we can continue to not grow up on company time.:D A better question-what do you want to be half the time while you pretend to grow up?;)

YES, I AM ready to go back to school! I don't like my job prospects and have been looking around for a long time for a degree program that works for me. I really wanted to go for a PsyD (dr of psychology), but can't afford to give up my job for 5 years (Seriously, how would my rent get paid? The admissions counselor suggested waitressing, as if that could really cover my expenses in this super expensive area). But I just found a masters program that looks perfect, and I'm really stoked about it. And I don't have to give up my job to be in it. Win win situation :-D

Back