• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

K-Dawn said:
Mine is a wolf because it is my favorite animal. My whole room is dedicated to wolves and LOTR.

Yes, wolves are nice. In my country, wolves were almost extinct, so years ago the forestry department came up with the brilliant idea of importing some from America and they placed them in the department's nature reserves. The problem is they were completely different, used to a different habitat, etc. They did not stay in the reserves and, after a couple of kids in farming areas had been killed, people went out hunting. That's when the truth came out because the wolves looked completely different.

In recent years, they have been more moderate with imports. We now have brown squirrels and American oaks, but that's about it. I half expected they would get koalas to go with the eucalyptus but it hasn't happened. I think koalas are an endangered species and we had the wrong type of eucalyptus anyway. Hence, they uprooted the eucalyptus and brought the oaks (after spending a fortune in enriching the soil, which had been completely destroyed by the eucalyptus). :D

clueless said:
In recent years, they have been more moderate with imports. We now have brown squirrels and American oaks, but that's about it. I half expected they would get koalas to go with the eucalyptus but it hasn't happened. I think koalas are an endangered species and we had the wrong type of eucalyptus anyway. Hence, they uprooted the eucalyptus and brought the oaks (after spending a fortune in enriching the soil, which had been completely destroyed by the eucalyptus). :D
You'd think the British would have learnt about 'introduced species' after their disasterous efforts in Australia :confused: . To my knowledge, koalas aren't endangered, by the way. There are koala culls in some areas because if the populations get too much they starve because they eat all the eucalyptus. Not sure if they're endangered in general.

I nicked little Ash from a bunch of Deadites at another forum I used to frequent. I just love the films especially 2 and Army of Darkness.

Plus it seems to make people dizzy. Keep swinging that arm little Ash!

my avatar = Olivia's Masuimi Max

I absolutely love the art of Olivia and this pic of Masuimi Max is just gorgeous.

That is Masuimi Max? She is ridicilously gorgeous. I'm in love with her photos, it's too bad they don't love me back.

That is Masuimi Max? She is ridicilously gorgeous.
Agreed. Absolutely amazing. Have you been to her website? Or seen any of her modeling pics? She's so unique and she looks so different in almost every picture. Her look keeps changing. That's what I love about her.

My avatar is ‘Elektra’ from MARVEL Comics. Though I wasn’t a fan of the movie, I choose the animated movie clip for my avatar because it’s fun to watch. I think that I’ll probably change it later.

I made mine with PSP, and yes I know its a bit crap, so I'm currently on the look out for something more....er...representative of me rather than where I live.

Since I like peas a lot for no reason, I eventually liked peanuts for no reason. I don't even particularly care to eat either of them. one day I called my friend peanut, and she had a peanut shell drop on her head from out of a tree, probably from a bird. So, what the heck, I might as well make my avatar a peanut. :p

My avatar shows a character of Walter Moers's book "The City of Dreaming Books". It's a "Buchling". I don't know how to translate this into english, maybe will "Booky" work. A "Buchling" is a little creature who has read every book of "his" author.

I chose this avatar because I love books, and also because I love this special book. Walter Moers is such a great author!

My avatar I found on anotehr forum somewhere on the web. Immediately found that it 'was me'.

Later when I posted a profile pic of myself on another site where I use the very same avatar someone commented that I look like my avatar... which I don't - if you ask me that is. But apparently more than I had initially thought. So I've kept it. Occasionally I replace it with a .gif of a cat - but only if I have a very good reason to do so.

clueless said:
Why did you choose your avatar and what does it say about you?

I don’t want to be accused of not answering my own questions, so I’ll start. My avatar is a gorse bush, which was one my father’s nicknames for me. I hated cuddles and dreaded weddings and other big family reunions where you have to kisses lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I am still prickly and defensive when people invade my space.

Really neat explanation-LOL, I thought you were a botanist or something like that. It's amazing how people can find the right thing to compare you to.

As for mine-it's an Onyx reserve cigar, one of the most full-bodied non-Cuban cigars that you can find anywhere. The first time I had one, I puked all over the place. I know smoke them very often. Cigars are a big hobby to me. I did have a pic of my kids and I reading, but some weirdo on the net made me rethink that one.

Jay actually helped me find mine, as he was irritated by previous avatar because it didn't match my name :rolleyes: . Good old Jay .

My avatar is obviously a monkey, which now matches my name. No real significance behind it, I'm sorry

Back