• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Can anyone recognize mine? It's Nosferatu (Dracula), a German Expressionist horror film from 1922.
I was actually going to comment on it. Not a big silent movie fan myself, but I own a copy of that one. I saw it in a dollar bin and figured I had to get it because I was a vampire fanatic.

Not sure why, but I do like the idea and the imagery of fairies and I love to read. Sooooooo, a book fairy seemed spot on.

This was obviously a wonderful idea for a thread.
I'm usually Miss Potts because I have a blog with a teapot theme, and I think she looks sweet and friendly.

Mine is a photo I took in St. Croix this May. I tried to upload this picture, but when I found I had to resize it to do so I got lazy and settled for Plan B.
aimg217.imageshack.us_img217_3118_stjamesgateay7.th.jpg

My email signature reads as follows:
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
-Benjamin Franklin

I was thinking of taking a pic of Patrick O'Brian as my avatar, but he's an old man, and I didn't want you guys to think that's me, so instead I used this pic of an old war ship, because he writes 19th Century Naval War novels.

The movie Master and Commander, starring Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany, is based on his Aubrey / Maturin novels.

Edit: correction, he was an old man...

Ever notice how cats want nothing to do with you until you open a book or sit at the keyboard,then they're in the middle of everything?

Cute cat, by the way.

Mine is a cat and a book - two of my favorite things.

I often combine my two favorite things as I am owned by 3 felines who all LOVE to "read" with me. Sometimes more than one all at once.

Ever notice how cats want nothing to do with you until you open a book or sit at the keyboard,then they're in the middle of everything?

Cute cat, by the way.

Too true! I have had to put my cross stitch on hold for that very reason. Spynx number 2 will be joining our family today ~ just so long as I don't have to put my reading on hold!!

I do cross stitch myself in the winter when I am forced into hibernation. My cat, who unfortunately passed away last February, would always get in the middle of it. She was 21, but put a bit of string in front of her and she reverted to kitten stage. Now my dog insists on trying to sit on my lap whenever I try to read, cross stitch or watch TV. She weighs 45 pounds and hasn't figured out that she's too big to be a lap dog.

Too true! I have had to put my cross stitch on hold for that very reason. Spynx number 2 will be joining our family today ~ just so long as I don't have to put my reading on hold!!

Besides trying to attack the book, our kitten doesn't interrupt the reading...well, he didn't until a few moments ago when he and one of my older cats decided to play together IN the Christmas Tree - HALFWAY up. That did distract me a bit.

So two sphynxes (I do not know the plural) - very cool. Is there a breeder near you? We have the common domestic short hair variety of feline. All of them with the tabby coloration (brown tabby, brown/red tortishell tabby, red tabby).

Besides trying to attack the book, our kitten doesn't interrupt the reading...well, he didn't until a few moments ago when he and one of my older cats decided to play together IN the Christmas Tree - HALFWAY up. That did distract me a bit.

So two sphynxes (I do not know the plural) - very cool. Is there a breeder near you? We have the common domestic short hair variety of feline. All of them with the tabby coloration (brown tabby, brown/red tortishell tabby, red tabby).

There is a breeder who lives right around the corner from us! I had always wanted a Sphynx, and when we arrived in Cape Town I headed straight for his cattery and ordered my little naked boy! Number 2 Sphynx belonged to a friend of mine who is moving to Australia and asked me to re-home him. Needless to say, there was no hesitation on my part, and he is now part of our family :)

I love the sound of your cats ~ obviously never a dull moment!

I love the forest and I write fantasy. My stories are about elves.

I took one of those online quizzes to find out what fantasy creature I am ... it told me I'm a "Wood Elf" ... well, I guess I chose the right avatar.

My avatar is Grug, he is a Australian kids book character that I loved. He has the best outlook on life, if everyone had a little more Grug in them the world would be a better place. Here is a little Grug info

Back