• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Sex in cars on public display, sometimes involving the people who gather around watching you. Don't you people get sex education over the Atlantic?

My avatar is the eye of Horus - not to be confused with the eye of Ra. This heiroglyph was placed on the doors of Egyptian tombs to ward off evil. I love all things related to ancient Egypt. Oh, and I have the tatoo as well. ;)

I chose Nell from the Dudley DooRight cartoon because I was wasting lots of time looking for something remotely suitable for me. I'm a pretty ordinary person, and didn't want anything too complicated or weird-I'm a Kansan for Pete's sake-it's dull out here! I like Nell because she's so cool while Dudley is so dense.

I chose my avatar because it is a bit like me to look at and it's cheeky like me too!

My user name is from a character in the very first play that my boyfriend appeared in. It was "How I Learned to Drive" by the Canadian playwright Norm Foster. Her name was Lilbit and the "eb" at the end is my boyfriends initials. I was so proud of him at the time that I made it a user name.

I'm wondering if that all makes sense to anyone else but me! :)

my avatar is don camillo, one of my favorite characters. he is one of the main characters in the series of stories written by giovanni guareschi. the other major character is peppone. i find the series hilarious.

It's bender from futurama,a show i adore and has touched my heart and made me laugh on numerous occasions.

This one is of me(in the blue bucket hat) smoking cigars with my brother in law. It was taken this past winter. A darn good time.:cool:

i don't think my av says much about me....i like to change them often...nothing in particular, just whatever happens to catch my eye...or maybe my mood

clueless said:
Why did you choose your avatar and what does it say about you?

I don’t want to be accused of not answering my own questions, so I’ll start. My avatar is a gorse bush, which was one my father’s nicknames for me. I hated cuddles and dreaded weddings and other big family reunions where you have to kisses lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. I am still prickly and defensive when people invade my space.
Mine says I love Phantom of the Opera, and that it is my favorite movie. Basically, it tells exactly what sort of story I like--action, swordfights, romance, music, tragedy, and everything else I can think of.

Okay, I'm bumping this because it doesn't make sense anymore. So tell us about your latest avatars, people!

I'm always Lisa, the image has changed a few times. This current one I feel sums up my attitude to almost everything (suspicion and cynicism rock, dudes). Sometimes I think that Lisa's expression makes me appear to be very judgemental, though, and the eyebrow crease makes even the nicest of my posts sound sarcastic and mean!

PS Have a quick scroll back throught the thread. Some of the explanations for old avatars combined with mismatching new ones are...ahem...interesting, indeed.

I've had more avatars than I can count. I've had coffee, cigar, family pictures, not to mention other things I think were interesting. My present one is of course-Wallace & Gromit, who is very popular right now with my kiddos. :D

I've only had a couple avatars. It takes me a while to get tired of them. I think I'll stick with this one, because it's pyramids. I chose it because I want to become an Egyptologist. And pyramids put the awe in awesome.

Can anyone recognize mine? It's Nosferatu (Dracula), a German Expressionist horror film from 1922. Yep, ol' mcilroga is a cinephile too! :D

I'm just to lazy to change it.

I thought it was a goldfish at first.

Back