• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bentley Little: The Disappearance

lenny nero

Four UCLA students head to the Burning Man festival and wind up getting drugged and when they wake up one of their girlfriends is gone. Not only that, but all traces of her seemed to have disappeared from the school and online records, as if she didn't exist.

Little puts aside the gore and perversion of his more recent works and dials the horror back to more of a creepy mystery in this one. This one even has an ending that seems to tie up all the plot threads, something that Little seems to struggle with a lot. His narrative is still strong and I blazed through it pretty quick. :star3:

This book did seem more laid back than some of Little's other works. Still weird, with the religious cult and all, but dialed down a bit. It wasn't his best book but at least the story engaged me.

I haven't read any Little for a while, but shall check this out I think. Still reading The Fall.... pacing myself....

Back