• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bentley Little

eyez0nme said:
You will not sleep for five days.
In regard to: Jack Ketchum (whom I've never heard of and I'm taking your word on faith):D

I've just ordered Off Season and The Girl Next Door.
I have never had a book scare me and I'm looking forward to these doing just that.:rolleyes:

His books are more disturbing than scary. The Girl Next Door is based on the real life murder of Sylvia Likens back in the 60's.

Madeline said:
In regard to: Jack Ketchum (whom I've never heard of and I'm taking your word on faith):D

I've just ordered Off Season and The Girl Next Door.
I have never had a book scare me and I'm looking forward to these doing just that.:rolleyes:

Aww, you should've ordered RED not Off Season. I found Off Season somewhat lacking in character, but the gross factor is top notch, beyond King...

Red is character driven, more like the Girl Next Door. :)

eyez0nme said:
Aww, you should've ordered RED not Off Season. I found Off Season somewhat lacking in character, but the gross factor is top notch, beyond King...

Red is character driven, more like the Girl Next Door. :)
"Red" is a sad story. Anyone who owns a pet will cringe when Red dies a violent, needless death. In fact, Ketchum is probably counting on this event to instill a killing rage in the reader. Are there any pet owners who would not feel Avery warranted in his quest for justice, any type of justice, for his dead dog? Ketchum wants us to sympathize with Avery right from the start, something that is easy to do when we meet the father of the boys who killed Red.
Since I'm dog lover, I don't know...:confused: sad stories make me cry...and especially about dogs. :)
I wanted to try a new author who wrote scary, but maybe I went too far.:D Dean and Stephen, I can handle, but maybe Jack is too much:eek:

Speaking of B.L.

Well anyway, Right now I'm reading Bently Littles newest;The Burning It's a bit different than his other books. I haven't posted in awhile either. I've been trying to fix the damage done to my lap-top by AOL. Well, not really damage. But no one warned me how they TAKE OVER your hard drive. It took awhile to delete all things AOL.
My advice; if it's AOL.....RUN!:mad:

So how was it Madeline?

Sleepless nights?
You really won't believe this...but the postoffice lost my two pocket books, said they might have delivered them to someone with the same address but different street:eek: and would try and get them back.
I e-mailed Overstock and told them what happened, they ran a trace, and they are now sending two more because the tracer didn't find them.
:D You will be the first to tell if I had sleepless nights (if I ever get the books)

That's why they call it "Snail Mail" Madeline. Not only is a snail s-l-o-w they also have extremely small brains.

I finished The Ignored yesterday. I loved the first half of the book; probably some of the best stuff Little's ever written. The second half was okay, although not entirely satisfactory. The ending was a bit anticlimactic (not that I could have written a better ending, but still...); so much of the book was intense and action-packed that when I reached the last page I couldn't help but think "Umm, that's it?".

Overall: not quite as good as The Revelation, better than The Resort, and probably on par with The Association.

Back