• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Beowulf

Just came back from watching the Beowulf. Neil Gaiman surprises me already twice this month - the previous time was 2 weeks ago with Stardust movie.

I really enjoyed the plot, the animation, and the music. I did not come with any expectations, and had a wonderful time.

At Wikipedia I read about the "real" Beowulf plot. I am glad that the plot was changed considerably - to my opinion, it was gaven it a new, fantastic life.

I did not go to 3D (in my cinema the 3D runs only in German, and I wanted the original soundtrack) - but people say that 3D is even better. But I'd say, that I was rather impressed even by this old-fashioned 2D version :cool:

I didn't see it in 3D either, but I was still very impressed with the animation/visual effects. Seeing as I haven't read the poem in several years I can't comment on which form I prefer, but I do know I enjoyed Gaiman/Avery's version very much.

On another note I was surprised by how gory this film was. Had it been a live-action release I'm sure the MPAA would have given out an R rating. So if you have young kids and planned on taking them to see it . . . I'd reconsider.

I also really enjoyed this film. It's been a few years since I read the epic so my memory was a bit fuzzy on details. I thought about reading it again before seeing the movie, but I decided to just go an enjoy it. I'll definitely be adding this to my collection when it hits DVD.

Are there breasts?

Why? Are you going only to the movies with breasts? :cool:

It is quite arguable if there are any. Some breasts were covered with thin golden film (so they were not completely exposed). The other breasts were covered by dress of some sort, but you still could see the root of those - without the nipple. For breasts geeks like you probably are, it is nothing :D . Besides, they are animated.

Saw it over the weekend. I didn't think the movie itself was all the great but our theater did have it in 3D and that more them made up for it. 3D has come a long way since the last flick I saw with it.

I've seen it, a very entertaining movie to watch in the theater. At first the animated graphics seemed annoying but the eye got to used to it. Beowulf is a great character, although he is a great human, but like any other human, he has weakness and mistakes, but what's even better is that he works on correcting his mistakes...

I'd give it 7.5/10

I thought it was okay...but didn't think it was epic like the trailers made it look.

The CGI was great, I'll give it that, but this isn't a movie I'd want to add to my dvd collection.

Back