• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Best place to read

My back patio in our suspended swing with a tall glass of Blue Powerade with Pebbled Ice. We live close to the mountains so they tower above our city and the temperature is a nice cool 68-72 degrees. Perfect.

My favourite place has always been in bed. However, we are hoping to begin a major renovation/extension of our house and I'm planning on having a study, so at the moment I'm coveting a beautiful leather armchair that I'm imagining myself in reading.......

My favourite place has always been in bed. However, we are hoping to begin a major renovation/extension of our house and I'm planning on having a study, so at the moment I'm coveting a beautiful leather armchair that I'm imagining myself in reading.......

I hear ya. My dream reading chair looks something like this:

IMG_7029sm.269133415_std.jpg

I usually read on my bed. However, if a book catches my fancy, i can read anywhere and everywhere. Many a times, my family had to eat over or under cooked food, because I was engrossed with the climax of my book while cooking:innocent:

I have a wingback chair that reclines and a table next to it for my reading lamp and teacup.

I love Elinor Loredan's library depicted in the movie Inkheart. Especially the window seat where her niece used to curl up and read. I would love to have a deep window seat, lots of padding, with heavy drapes I could pull together to close out the world. And it would be raining.

Speaking of Elinor Loredan, she has the best quotes in that movie:

Elinor: But I just adore everything Persian.
Meggie: You've been to Persia, then?
Elinor: Yes, a hundred times. Along with St. Petersburg, Paris, Middle-Earth, distant planets and Shangri-la. And I never had to leave this room. Books are adventure. They contain murder and mayhem and passion. They love anyone who opens them.

Elinor: You barbaric piece of pulp fiction!

Elinor: I prefer a story that has the good sense to stay on the page.

Meggie: Why is every bookstore we go to a thousand years old?

I know I've gone off on a bit of a tangent here but has anyone read the books? I hadn't realized they existed until I saw the movie.

Only English language library in town is run by Christian church and I work there as volunteer 1 day a week. They have many books of all types, not just religious ones, but most of them are not that new. usually when I work there I am too busy to read much but yesterday went there off duty to wait for wife to finish shopping and it is very good place to read. It is quiet and there is coffee there for small donation.

I read anywhere and everywhere except in the car -- as I suffer from motion sickness.

But the ideal place is in my living room, on the sofa, the balcony doors are open and it is raining heavily. Delicious.

i too like reading while lying comfortably on my bed.....but im one of those who can read while travelling in metro....only when im alone..book is after all a good companion.

I read everywhere, but my favorite place is anywhere that I'm alone. You'd be surprised how hard a place like that is to come by.

The British Council Library....pick up a great book from their exhibit section, grab a cup of coffee and sink into a bean bag.

Back