• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Between Books

It sort of works for me. I read 200 pages in one evening, and now I've read 50 pages in two weeks since then.:whistling:

I get that when I'm distracted by something.
Yeah, me too. I've sometimes left totally awesome books languishing on my shelf for like a month or so before I came back and finished it (and regretted leaving it for so long)

Yeah, me too. I've sometimes left totally awesome books languishing on my shelf for like a month or so before I came back and finished it (and regretted leaving it for so long)

Sometimes I think books ripen on the shelves, like tomatoes. I'll hit a dry spot, where I can't find a thing to read, and I'll go browse my own shelves out of sheer desparation.Why do I not think to shop at home first?!? Then I'll grab some book that's been sitting there for ages..perhaps a year or more.. and I'll find a real gem.

I tend to buy books in bulk and end up with a pile of unread books that I'll eventually get to. There usually is no in between for me because there's a pile just waiting for me.

I just read Notes From The Underground by Dostoevsky ......my mind feels like it was scrambled..I don't think i can retain any information for awhile. Or at least 3 days.

I normally don't take a break, because I keep a backlog of unread books on my night stand. If a book is particularly challenging, or I feel like I need to let the story sink in, I might take a day or two off. But, that's highly unlikely.

I just read Notes From The Underground by Dostoevsky ......my mind feels like it was scrambled..I don't think i can retain any information for awhile. Or at least 3 days.

Darn good book-especially if you feel nothing but fear and loathing about life.:flowers:

It depends on the book. Sometimes I have to chew for a bit and begin another book on the next day (I usually finish my books in the evening). But if there isn't anything to chew on I usually pick up the next book as soon as I've closed the other one.

I haven't done much reading lately so I feel like I'm between books. I can't decide if I'm in need of a break or if Any Tan's Saving Fish from Drowning simply isn't doing enough to hold my attention.

None. I've usually got at least three books going at once (I have to be in the mood for what I'm reading) and never have finished all at the same time. Once I finish one I always get a new one. I can't stay away from the library...it is to me the site of my greatest pleasure.

I generally have a book in my hands at all times when I'm not doing something else. Lately, however, my actual reading pace has slowed down considerably, partly because a difficult author (Beckett) tied me up for a while, but mainly because real life has been intruding in ways much more demanding than fiction. Nevertheless, it is still one book after another when I can.

Really depends. If it was something I have really loved and it's had a profound impact on me I'll leave at least a day before starting something else. Sometimes I can't read another fiction book for weeks and just dip into non-fiction or reference things, or just magazines or newspapers.

Other times I go right from one thing to another. I might finish one book in the afternoon and pick up the next new one at bedtime.

Back