• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Biblically Correct" museum tour

I always like the subtle ones the best.

You are banned. You are not a Christian for Christians don’t accuse brothers and sisters in Christ of being non-Christian.

I've actually been thinking quite a bit about this statement and all I can come up with is that plant life isn't sacred.

I'd be interested in what the believers in young earth creationism have to say on this matter.

I think I have the answer!

Animals were created on the 4th and 5th day and man on the 6th. There is no time specified between when man was created and woman was created and from then until they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and death was brought into the world.

I bet everything went down on a very busy day 8. I propose that the animals didn't eat for those 3/4 days leading up to day 8. On day 9 they ate, killing plants and animals alike.

That's the only logical answer.

Animals were created on the 4th and 5th day and man on the 6th. There is no time specified between when man was created and woman was created and from then until they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and death was brought into the world.

I bet everything went down on a very busy day 8. I propose that the animals didn't eat for those 3/4 days leading up to day 8. On day 9 they ate, killing plants and animals alike.

That's the only logical answer.

Yup, but it says something pretty depressing about us as a species. Damnit, we couldn't even resist temptation for 24 hours? I mean, I like apples and all, but...

Yup, but it says something pretty depressing about us as a species. Damnit, we couldn't even resist temptation for 24 hours? I mean, I like apples and all, but...

It wasn't so much resisting temptation as it was a woman succumbing to her motherly instinct and not wanting animals to starve so she sacrificed her life so that they could eat. Eat plants and each other.

It wasn't so much resisting temptation as it was a woman succumbing to her motherly instinct and not wanting animals to starve so she sacrificed her life so that they could eat. Eat plants and each other.

Ah, but of course. It wasn't that the talking snake was very persuasive, just that Eve had never seen a snake before and thought he looked awfully thin. At least compared to the Tyrannosauruses.

Ah, but of course. It wasn't that the talking snake was very persuasive, just that Eve had never seen a snake before and thought he looked awfully thin. At least compared to the Tyrannosauruses.

Exactly!

Eve: You poor thing! Why are you so thin?

Snake: I am thin because I am hungry.

Eve: I get sad when I am hungry. Granted I was just created but the thought of hunger makes me sad.

Snake: Eat the fruit from this tree and we animals can all eat and not be hungry again.

Eve: OK. I will do it. For animal's rights!

God (in Heaven looking down): Medammit! That's what I get for creating snakes with vocal chords.

I imagine that the early vocal-cord-equipped snakes also had eyes like cocker spaniels. You simply can't NOT feed them.

This is what happens when God creates after eating a big meal. Had he done it on an empty stomach then maybe things would have turned out differently.

Well, he did create plants (including wine and marijuana) on the third day... being an intelligent designer, I'm sure he included a test phase. The odd mistake is bound to happen after that.

...OK, I'm gonna stop now.

:rolleyes:

Yes, that is a great company. I bought one of their large print version (old eyes... what can I say?).

The only thing I don't like about them is they sell foreign language versions of the KJB. I don't think that's right. We know the only true translation is the 1600's version in English.

It's too risky for anybody to translate that into other languages. Mistakes can creep in... and that can lead to heresy. True Christians should only read English.

Reminds me of the comment ascribed to a US Congressman during a debate on making English the official language of the USA: "If English was good enough for Jesus Christ, it's good enough for me." I hope this is one of those urban legends, but when you think of some of the people in Congress...

As far as the stuff about plants being alive, it was explained to me once by a creationist who I think was being serious (although you can't always tell the difference between sincerity and parody in this particular area) that although plants might be alive in the mundane secular sense, they aren't biblically alive.

Of course, that tends to lead to the obvious question of "what's the difference?" since apparently only humans have souls, so being biblically alive doesn't necessarily involve the difference between having a soul and not having one - otherwise animals would also be in the biblically not-alive category and hence OK to eat. And it also leads to the question, which is a lot more relevant to the creationism-evolution debate, about what you teach in science class since "biblically alive" and "scientifically alive" don't seem to have a lot to do with each other.

Back