• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

"Biblically Correct" museum tour

It seems that's the way (primarily) America wants to go too.

Which touches upon an interesting thing that you rarely see brought up in this discussion - how do creationists/ID supporters explain that the theory of evolution is mostly only "controversial" in the United States of America? Surely if ID were a viable scientific alternative, and if it's a scientific debate rather than a political one, the controversy would be global?

"Good art," taught Carter, "glorifies God and reveals the true nature of God, man and nature. Bad art starts with man, glorifies man or objects and shapes."

I am really struck by the cultural blinders here. If these kids are confronted with a Chinese porcelain vase or an African mask or a Hiroshige print, how do they judge them? I am surprised the museum let these people in the doors.

I am sure the cultural blinders extend to religion also.

That's a really good question silverseason.

We teach both theories..so they have at least an understanding of what 'they' teach.

That seems a little limited. Especially as there's only one theory that fits all the evidence.

1. We share 95% of our DNA with chimpanzees, but we share 99.9% of our DNA with PIRATES.

2. The fossil record is sketchy and bewildering. Clearly it was placed there deliberately to divert attention from the PIRATES.

3. As PIRATES decrease, global warming increases.

4. NOODLES are delicious.

5. BEER.

I've been touched by His Noodly Appendage and I hope that one day all here can taste the sauce of his love.

That seems a little limited. Especially as there's only one theory that fits all the evidence.

1. We share 95% of our DNA with chimpanzees, but we share 99.9% of our DNA with PIRATES.

2. The fossil record is sketchy and bewildering. Clearly it was placed there deliberately to divert attention from the PIRATES.

3. As PIRATES decrease, global warming increases.

4. NOODLES are delicious.

5. BEER.

I've been touched by His Noodly Appendage and I hope that one day all here can taste the sauce of his love.

Sorry, I meant 'both' to represent 'plural'.. I was in a hurry. You know how it is for Pirates in training..always a deck to swab and lesser pirates to intimidate.;)

I wonder if the dinosaurs were hunted to extinction or if they all drowned in the flood with the unicorns and cyclops.

Creationism is one thing. Actually thinking that man and dinosaur walked together is just asinine and ignores volumes upon volumes of repeatable tests that say otherwise. Do these people pick and choose what laws of physics they'll believe in?

Aye. They like to say that entropy forbids evolution but ignore that whole matter cannot be created or destroyed stuff when it comes to various gods plucking the universe out of nubbin. If they also said they were Napoleon we'd be allowed to lock them away.

Creationism is one thing. Actually thinking that man and dinosaur walked together is just asinine and ignores volumes upon volumes of repeatable tests that say otherwise. Do these people pick and choose what laws of physics they'll believe in?

Jurrasic park proves you wrong.

Aye. They like to say that entropy forbids evolution

Sample quote:
One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it.
...in his defense, it IS a bit cloudy today.

(Shamelessly stolen from Fundies Say The Darnedest Things.)

Wonderful, innit? Dinosaurs were vegetarian because death hadn't entered the world yet. Which means that according to creationists, plants aren't alive.

And they call this rubbish science.

Wonderful, innit? Dinosaurs were vegetarian because death hadn't entered the world yet. Which means that according to creationists, plants aren't alive.

I've actually been thinking quite a bit about this statement and all I can come up with is that plant life isn't sacred.

I'd be interested in what the believers in young earth creationism have to say on this matter.

:rolleyes:

[on the sunject of a Bible printing company]

Yes, that is a great company. I bought one of their large print version (old eyes... what can I say?).

The only thing I don't like about them is they sell foreign language versions of the KJB. I don't think that's right. We know the only true translation is the 1600's version in English.

It's too risky for anybody to translate that into other languages. Mistakes can creep in... and that can lead to heresy. True Christians should only read English.

Back