• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

BONJOUR>>>

oldboy

hello all>>howzit?
im a 25 yr old ex eng lit student who has finally managed to get over all the 'classic' literature they made me read [fast] and got back to where i was before gcse's kicked in - reading for pleasure. and it's a goodlook.

happy to be back in the habit..gotta decide what to try next>>>davide remnicks book about ali 'king of the world', faulks 'charlotte gray' having thought birdsong was the best book ive read since i was about 15. or schindlers ark. hmmm

ALSO - i only read fiction but dont wanna get into a dry [not busy] section of the forum
which is the 1 to post in??

ciao4nooooow

yeah just found all the info ta LOL sorry
is that big as book forums go?

im new to all this ya see
post on a couple music boards tho

Hi welcome!!!
I know I'm way too curious but it drives me nuts to have people around and not know where they are from! Why don't you write it in your profile? Do you think we'll stalk you? :D
So what's your home country????????? France???? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Cheers

mais oui biensur
mangetoutmangetout

nah im british-ish. lived in bedford, then newcastle, bristol, london, sheffield. in nottingham now

just updated my profile u nosy sod! keep ya hair on i only just arrived
bigup salzburgers

oldboy said:
is that big as book forums go?
I tried to bribe some people to join us, but they took the money and vanished into thin air! :D :D :D
We should start a little bit of promotion!?! Any ideas? There have to be some more freaks like us on this planet!

Thx for letting me know! At least you are a kind of European so I can count on you being pretty much in the same time zone than me.
The last time I talked to some people from the other end of the world it was 4 o'clock in the morning and they were just having a sunny afternoon. :rolleyes:

Gizmo said:
I tried to bribe some people to join us, but they took the money and vanished into thin air! :D :D :D
We should start a little bit of promotion!?! Any ideas? There have to be some more freaks like us on this planet!

Thx for letting me know! At least you are a kind of European so I can count on you being pretty much in the same time zone than me.
The last time I talked to some people from the other end of the world it was 4 o'clock in the morning and they were just having a sunny afternoon. :rolleyes:

you shouldnt be on the interweb at that time star>>not healthy. webhead
i would suggest spk to some publishers - see if you can get some links/promos on their sites. also libraries should be told about the forum for possible hookups? what do u reckon?

@ SW - you not heard of borat?! get to know, he's jokes

Welcome oldboy. This is the busiest book forum I've come across. Just keep in mind that we are quite the international bunch, rise and shine for me is lights out for my Aussie friends. :rolleyes: Some of us are pretty quiet, only posting when they have to, and some of us are quite yappy, yammering on and on about every little thing (I won't name names, you know who you are, ;) ) The "new posts" button is the easiest way to keep up with the action. Just jump right on in!

heymama>>so long as people parlez english im cool.
i [try to] moderate a music forum which is hectic. dont really know much about other boards but im sure ill get used to it

btw its 5pm sunday here - just listening to man utd vs arsenal. big game

For some, english is their second language, so take misspellings and gaffs like that in stride. It is almost 11 am Sunday here. Who are you cheering for, man utd or arsenal?

i was joking about la language girl. i find typing hard enough

arsenal are the team pour moi cos they run the premiership at the mo havenmt been beaten in 50odd games
utd on the slide but they won the championship so much. also arsenal got thierry henry playing for them who is a dappa. check him>>>>>
53204.jpg

shouldnt u be cooking up some cajunstyle sunday luncheon?!

Haha, maybe. I didn't feel like cooking today, DH is at work. My mother in law does cook every other sunday for the whole family. It's too hot (still :eek: ) for gumbo and my catfish fillets are frozen solid. So the kids and I are scrounging in the kitchen, just chillin.

Go Arsenal! Who does becks play for?

LOL he plays for real madrid these days darling. keepup. him and posh and brooklyn nd the other 1 went spain

apparently its put a strain on their relationship. for 50grand a week i could survive without her

whats gumbo? we dont get that here. mind u we dont eat much catfish either
i wish it was too hot here. instead its getting bloody dark

I thought I recalled some hubub about him being traded. I could live without a lot of things for 50 grand a week :eek: !!

Gumbo is a very Cajun thing. Many yankees (read- non-cajun) have tried and failed miserably to mass market the dish in restaraunts around the country. Generally it is a hearty soup-like dish served with steamed rice and potato salad. There are as many variations as there are cooks. My speciality is chicken and sausage gumbo. And I prefer my catfish fried with white beans and rice on the side! And that, oldboy, is about as American Deep South as you can get!

And waaaaaay down south, where I live, we only have two seasons, summer and a fall/spring mishmash thing that pretends it has a winter somewhere in there.

Back