• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Buying Freeze

I figured since I stopped working at a bookstore my book buying would nearly stop. It has just slowed.

I often don't know what to get... so naturally my trip to the bookstore often results in me leaving empty-handed, despite spending at least an hour looking at the shelves.

Even just browsing at books at a store makes me feel better, or even just examining a friends bookshelf

I love perusing other people's bookshelves too. It's always interesting to see what people are reading (or have read).

My book buying freeze has thawed out over the past couple of months. It hasn't helped that I found a used bookstore that I am fond of. I really should stop for awhile to read through my many titles.

It gets worse and worse.

Last year, I decided I'd buy only at used bookstores because my job was in jeopardy and I thought I'd better start saving, just in case. Wrong decision ! Books being cheaper, I'm buying more than ever.

Last year, I decided I'd buy only at used bookstores because my job was in jeopardy and I thought I'd better start saving, just in case. Wrong decision ! Books being cheaper, I'm buying more than ever.

I think this is just like going on a diet..as soon as the decision is made to cut back, opportunities pop out of the woodwork! With books, as soon as we say we're buying less..suddenly bargains practically jump in our laps! And being the opportunists we all are, if would be wrong to let a bargain slip away!

I'm not buying as many books now either...mainly cause I have no money.:eek: But going to the library is fun too.....FREE BOOKS!! :cool:

Back