• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Book Lust Bookring

abecedarian said:
I like to think the quality of my list has improved since beginning my association with this crowd:)

I second that feeling. I have started reading people that I wouldn't have considered reading before. :)

Sounds good about the book. I believe that it will get here on Tuesday. I'm fairly close to you guys, so it should take no time at all really. I go to NW Kansas a lot, but I haven't been down to your neck of the woods in a long time. We use to drive through Wichita when we lived in Oklahoma to see my grandparents in Nebraska.

SFG75 said:
I second that feeling. I have started reading people that I wouldn't have considered reading before. :)

Sounds good about the book. I believe that it will get here on Tuesday. I'm fairly close to you guys, so it should take no time at all really. I go to NW Kansas a lot, but I haven't been down to your neck of the woods in a long time. We use to drive through Wichita when we lived in Oklahoma to see my grandparents in Nebraska.

Where did you live in Oklahoma? We used to go down to visit relatives all over north central and eastern Ok. I have great memories of fishing trips with my cousins.

abecedarian said:
Where did you live in Oklahoma? We used to go down to visit relatives all over north central and eastern Ok. I have great memories of fishing trips with my cousins.

My mother was a professor at East Central University in Ada. I remember visiting Ardmore, Oklahoma City, and Enid quite a bit for classes that she had to teach. In terms of Kansas, I have a brother in law that lives in Norton. He owns his own business there and we visit quite often.

OMG u are kidding me SFG. I live about 25 miles from Norton. Now I know who your brother in law is! :) Dont know him personally just know of him and his wife and that they run the DQ there in Norton. Small small world!!

My neighbor's sister lives in Norton..she did have a Stampin Up! business before she had kids..

My Ok relatives were in:Enid, Ponca City, Norman, Del City, Pawhuska, Shidler, Cushing, Perry, and Billings.

I know someone presently living in Ada, and a guy from church who is from there. The girl I know there moved from here, and was shocked to see his picture in the hall of the high school, and what a geek he was way back then:rolleyes:

Hey all!:)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the book today. It looks to be in tip-top shape. One question though-what is with the notepad? I'll keep notes on anothe one in the mean time. I will probably mail this off thursday if I can.

Looks like a gooooooooood read!.:cool:

SFG75 said:
Hey all!:)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the book today. It looks to be in tip-top shape. One question though-what is with the notepad? I'll keep notes on anothe one in the mean time. I will probably mail this off thursday if I can.

Looks like a gooooooooood read!.:cool:

Its sole purpose is to make you ask questions<LOL> Actually, I thought it might be fun to jot down some titles that you all added to your list. Or what ever..maybe if one of you is doing NaNoWriMo next month, you can use the little notebook for noveling notes...

cajunmama said:
Huh?? Can you clarify?:confused:

National Novel Writing Month=NaNoWriMo

I don't know why they call it "national" when the participants come from all over the globe. Basically people are writing a rough draft of a 50,000 word short novel. Editing takes place after November, when one has recovered a bit.

abecedarian said:
Its sole purpose is to make you ask questions<LOL> Actually, I thought it might be fun to jot down some titles that you all added to your list. Or what ever..maybe if one of you is doing NaNoWriMo next month, you can use the little notebook for noveling notes...

Read through the first fifty pages tonight. I have definitely jotted down titles that I definitely want to check in to. I might go the cheap route and inter-library loan them. This is one heck of a good resource.:)

O.k. folks, this one is out on the road. Coming straight at ya Cajunmama!.

Tracking/confirmation # is: 0303 1290 0000 5322 5926:D

Thanks for letting me in on this one, I have a good number of books that I'm going to get through interlibarary loan.:)

SFG75 said:
O.k. folks, this one is out on the road. Coming straight at ya Cajunmama!.

Tracking/confirmation # is: 0303 1290 0000 5322 5926:D

Thanks for letting me in on this one, I have a good number of books that I'm going to get through interlibarary loan.:)

Glad you found some goodies :cool: I'm starting to think I should consider giving my librarians a basket of baked goods for Christmas..

Shipping this out was only $5.35, even with tracking involved. We need to do stuff like this more often. :cool:

Another bookring would be great! Maybe another thread, asking for suggestions and general interest, would be a good idea.

Um...I've actually got a book that is sort of along the same lines as Book Lust. I was going to wait until it was my turn and then see if you guys were up for another go around. I don't have it with me (so I can't remember the exact title), but it has a page or so dedicated to each of the "best" childrens books. It is separated into age groups, and in the back they've got a list with a good thousand or so "runner-up" books. I thought you guys might be interested as you all have kids.

I am not up to joining the Book Ring at this time but have been reading the posts. What a great idea and also what a great group of people you all are. You make me proud to be a member of TBF. :cool:

abecedarian said:
Sounds like my kind of book!!! Please count me in:D

Well great. At a minimum I will send it off to you when I return Book Lust (I'm pretty sure I'm last in line). We'll just pass it in the same order Book Lust went. Anyone who doesn't want in can just be skipped. Anyone new who wants in can hop in between Cajunmama and me.

Back