• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books similar to da vinci code

i also enjoyed the da vinci code and wanted to read similar books. here's what i've found

the genesis code - john case
third secret - steve berry
the historian - elizabeth kostova
labyrinth - kate mosse
the last Templar - Raymond Khoury
The Romanov Prophecy - Steve Berry
the eight - Katherine Neville
Codex - Lev Grossman
the secret supper - javier sierra
the dante club - Matthew Pearl
The Rule of Four - Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
the assassini - Thomas Gifford
Amber Room - Steve Berry
the club dumas - Arturo Perez-Reverte
time camera - Terence lee

granted, i've not read any of these yet, so i could be completely wrong, these are just what i've found on amazon and what people have reccomended to me, if anyone has actually read any of these books and i am wrong about them - please correct me, or if i'm right, elaborate.... hope i could help!

Scully from your list I have read:

the third secret - steve berry
the historian - elizabeth kostova
the last Templar - Raymond Khoury
the secret supper - javier sierra
the club dumas - Arturo Perez-Reverte

I enjoyed them all, particularly The Club Dumas, The Rule of Four and The Historian. You'll likely enjoy them as well.

The Club Dumas was a favorite of mine, I'd highly recommend it :)

I have the Historian, the Rule of Four, the Codex and three Umberto Eco books here on my TBR shelf.

I can't personally recommend them but Steve Berry's books are apparently very good comparitively.

are there any non-fic books you would suggest having to do with what is discussed in the da vinci code and other books? I mean, there are a ton of books out there like "uncoding the da vinci code" or "the truth behind the da vinci code" but which books are the good ones? has anyone read the Da Vinci Hoax? is it good?

I have not read them but I know a few of my friends did and talk about these two non-fiction books quite a bit, Genesis of the Grail kings : the explosive story of genetic cloning and the ancient bloodline of Jesus and Bloodline of the Holy Grail : the hidden lineage of Jesus revealed by Laurence Gardner.

HermioneWeasley said:
My dad has read all of dan brown's books and now has nothing to read, and i've read all of dan brown's books except deception point, and we kinda need books to read....

I know what you mean. I keep hoping someone else in the world will cotton on to the idea of writing down words one after another to make a story and then binding the pages together between covers to make a - what shall we call it? - a 'book'. But until that happens you're right, Dan Brown is all we will have to read.

scullyx101 said:
i also enjoyed the da vinci code and wanted to read similar books. here's what i've found

While I'm have no knowledge of the content of most you listed, I can state that this book has little in common with The Da Vinci Code despite the comparisons. True, there is some concern within for a historical document that still defies complete understanding today, but the novel is not a thriller. What it is, though, is a weak coming of age story set entirely in Princeton in which the authors catalogue their love affair with the establishment rather than do anything interesting with their book. As a result, the novel goes nowhere and we are left wanting our money back.

It was one of the first books to be marketed in The Da Vinci Code explosion and, having been rushed to press because it supposedly had some mock-esoteric content it's inexperience shows in the areas of plotting and characterisation. The words, of course, were a bit better.

This one's not as close as the other suggestions to TDVC but it is a fictional novel with historical characters and does have to do with DaVinci's art. Leonardo's Swans - Karen Essex. I forgot to mention it earlier. I read it a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

zen said:
The Historian was a good read, a good twist on the Dracula thing..

how about:

The Last Templar - Raymond Khoury

The Templar Legacy - Steve Berry

have a read about them first of course.. i can't personally recommend either of them, but have had them recommended to me as being along the same lines.. both books are on my list...

anyone here read either of those books? thoughts?

I read The Historian and liked it alot. Also The Last Templar was good. However, The Templar Legacy was painful. I got through the first chapter and returned it back. I just think I'm burned out in this Genre.

any other books you guys would suggest?

there's a book called the Poe Shadow that i've seen, but haven't read, but the author of the Dante Club. I'll get around to it eventually.

why was the templar legacy painful?

Just finished The Third Secret by Steve Berry. I have to say it was pretty good. Better than The Last Cato which I believe I mentioned earlier. Not too badly written and a fairly engrossing plotline. I'd recommend if you're wanting books in this style/genre.

Back