• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Books you have fallen asleep reading

liv

Personally, I have only ever fallen asleep reading one book, and that was Willa Cather's 'Death Comes for the Archbishop". All I can say is, he didn't die soon enough.

Almost every book I have read. Ever since reading under the sheets, by torchlight, as a little girl.

I read to sleep. I sleep to read. ;)

PS - I know that's not what you really meant. I'm just being erm, erm . . . twisted :eek:

Third Man Girl

I often fall asleep whilst reading - you get that calm feeling reading a book and it doesnt take much to slip away :) I dont necesssarily think it makes a bad book (as opposed to say a film or something, which i have to be fairly indifferent too in order to fall asleep in front of).

Phil

I fall asleep reading all the time, too. Nothing wrong with that. Only bad part is when I resume reading the next day, I usually have to back up a page or so because I don't remember the last bits I read. :eek:

none....I get too mentally involved in books and then my mind gets active and I can't sleep. I've even been bored by some books, but failed to put myself to sleep. I read before bed, but not to help me sleep, just to help me relax after a long day.

Yeah, I always read before I sleep too, and that makes me sleepy, but by falling asleep I guess I mean boring enough to fall asleep during. The way I know a quality book is is I am willing to lose sleep because of it.

The textbook for my History of Rome class. I'm unclear how anyone can make Roman history that boring (all those emperors that were nuts!), but it managed admirably.

Like most here, I usually fall asleep with my nose in a book. I used to be able to lay down, when I got to feeling drowsy, close the book in question on my index finger just before going under, and wake up still marking my place.
But, more in answer to your original question, Joseph Heller's Something Happened was very tough. It isn't poorly written; it is just that you wait around for 300+ pages "the thing" actually happens.

Hannibal said:
Ironically, for me it was Insomnia by Stephen King
Classic answer.

Falling asleep while reading is a past time for me, especially with the new baby. I generally remember what I read even the last paragraph that's read with one eye closed.

As for 'boring' books. I just give up reading them and move on to the next (catch 22, and lots of others), occassionally I will struggle on and finish it especially if it's number whatever in a series (last few WOT), or I am stuck at work and have read all of the books I have with me.

edit my very tired spelling

Yes, yours :)

Now you say, I'm not so sure! lol

What is it???

Anyway, it looks really great, whatever it may be :)

Regards
SillyWabbit

I almost fell asleep on the train this morning while reading about the division of farm land amongst slaves and noblemen at the tail end of the 10th Century in Frankish/Germanic Europe. :(

Mile-O-Phile said:
What about that fast paced novel could you find to fall asleep to? :confused:

The swathes of text lifted out of guide books. The cardboard cut out characters. The never ending sea of banality that threatened to drown me with every page I turned.

A danger den maze 2 (water-cooling block for AMD chips, old now, I now use a cascade rev1, for the cpu and a danger den for the graphics) lapped to 800 grit, with a toy car infront of it to show the shine and scale

Back