• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

books you never finished... and don't want to.

kskyhappy said:
you gals are in feisty mood today

I'll have you know I'm never not. Besides, everyone likes their wenches fiesty. All the best pirates say so. Arrrrrrrr.

bobbyburns said:
I chucked it at the wall the first time I tried reading ulysses. but eventually I learned to love it.

love it?! Envy you. :) I JUST cannot concentrate. But his Finnegans wake is better for me to enjoy.

headpodd said:
The only one I can think of at the moment is Crime and Punishment. Have now tried and failed twice to read this, I even got over half way last time but it became harder and harder to pick it up and read it. I don't even know where it is now.

Crime and Punishment, OH, you remind me of it again.!!! :(

Martin said:
My advice, keep trying - it's worth it.

Cheers, Martin :cool:
Ok,I'll give it another try,I'll make it sure that I won't forget to bring it with me on my next road trip this Summer,and let the Hobbits keep me company. :cool:
and there's another book that I waste a few munny, Odd Thomas ,the story were kinda slow. :rolleyes:

I didn't finish The Stand from Stephen King, even after 697 pages, yep, I know, and I also couldn't finish Cryptonomicon from Neal Stephenson. Oh, and off course, LOTR !

msm

I didn't finish The Stand from Stephen King, even after 697 pages, yep, I know, and I also couldn't finish Cryptonomicon from Neal Stephenson. Oh, and off course, LOTR !
Haven't read The Stand, but I hear it's excellent. You know my opinion on LotR. What I don't understand is how anyone can read a few pages of Cryptonomicon and not finish it?! I'm reading it right now, and I'm loving every bloody letter of it!

Maybe you just have a problem with long books.

and there's another book that I waste a few munny, Odd Thomas ,the story were kinda slow
Dean Koontz, right? I hear it's quite good.

headpodd said:
The only one I can think of at the moment is Crime and Punishment. Have now tried and failed twice to read this, I even got over half way last time but it became harder and harder to pick it up and read it. I don't even know where it is now.

Dostoyevksy is brilliant.

No problem with long books...here's what I read in fat !

Discovery of Heaven - 1000 p
Son of the circus - 956 p
Owen Meany - 980 p
AllClive Barkers - 600 p

:rolleyes:

Not that bad, is it ?

Msm

Discovery of Heaven - 1000 p
Nice! In Dutch or English? I read it in Dutch, I always prefer to read a novel in its original language (which is either Dutch or English - those're all the languages I've mastered).

I prefer quality over quantity. there are some 200 page books that are far better than any 1200 page book.

fingerprints of the gods(or is it footprints?) by graham hancock and charles dickens' great expectations way too much narrative for me i can never get past the first few chapters

I forced myself to finish 'Dreamcatcher' - Stephen King, and wish i hadnt bothered. i wondered if the film was any better, it wasnt.

Back