• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Bookstore name

What a bunch of cleverkins you all are. If Pink doesn't find an idea in this bunch I'll be surprised. :)

How about PBs and Jollies?

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the great suggestions! And the great laughs :D ! It really helps to get other people's perspectives on something, because it's so easy to get stuck with your own ideas. You've come up with more ideas in a day than we've been able to do in a month! :) Please post any other ideas you have here and know that we are really grateful for any help! :D :D :D

pink & mrkgnao

A Book in the Hand

The Printed Page

A Book For You

Books For All

Words on the Vine

One More Chapter(as in just one more chapter, and I'll be right with you!)

Chapter and Verse

Wow, lots of really great ideas. I'm afraid it didn't quite work that way for me. It was more like a word association test. When I saw the question, the first suggestion that popped into my head was "They're Mine and You Can't Have Them." Maybe I wasn't cut out for bookselling after all.

Mari said:
Wow, lots of really great ideas. I'm afraid it didn't quite work that way for me. It was more like a word association test. When I saw the question, the first suggestion that popped into my head was "They're Mine and You Can't Have Them." Maybe I wasn't cut out for bookselling after all.

The first person we need to be honest with is ourselves..Looks like you're there Mari;)

Thanks guys for all the great and creative suggestions! :D :D It's not like people here think about books and bookstores easily and a lot, is it? ;)

Right now we're kind of fond of The Book Nook. My brother (beer good, credit where credit is due) suggested that then we could have a logo in the shape of a Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell-esque rook, The Book Nook Rook. And if someone should steal it, we could come to work and exclaim: "Look! Some crook took the Book Nook rook! Fook!" :D

*mrkgnao*

The Book Depot
The Book Boutique

The Reading Reserve
The Reading Reservoir
The Reading Repository
The Reading Room
The Reading Recycler

Wealth Of Words

Would love to have a bit more detail about your business plan.
Size of shop, location to other stores & services, supply of used books, estimated sales per day, estimated costs per day, employees....anything you'd care to discuss....:D

Yeah, would you consider locating your shop in West Wichita? After reading about Charlotsville and her 20 bookstores..I checked up on Wichita..345,000+ and only 28 bookstores..not counting adult bookstores..Most of the ones we have are on the east side, and I think it would be great to have a few more out west..I live southwest of Wichita;)

Fabulous thread, people! Book nook crook took rook, etc.. woot. All you smarty pantses.:)

abecedarian said:
Yeah, would you consider locating your shop in West Wichita? After reading about Charlotsville and her 20 bookstores..I checked up on Wichita..345,000+ and only 28 bookstores..not counting adult bookstores..Most of the ones we have are on the east side, and I think it would be great to have a few more out west..I live southwest of Wichita;)
The 20 bookstores that I quoted are "Used" bookstores only and do not include the new bookstores of which there are some really neat stores. I remember walking past a very small new bookstore that had it's window full of Rita Mae Brown's "Sneaky Pie" books and everything else cat related, really neat. The used bookstores are great to browse and have nice owners. I can't really say enough about Bookstores in Charlottesville........

If book browsing survives anywhere, it'll be in Charlottesville, which has been a magnet for readers and writers for 200 years. You can't throw a used copy of "The Sound and the Fury" without endangering a leading literary light: John Grisham, maybe, who lives on a spread outside of town and back in my day was spotted tooling around in his Jaguar. Or Rita Mae Brown, co-author, with her cat Sneaky Pie, of "Whisker of Evil" and other feline thrillers with Piedmont settings. Or, moving toward the highbrow end of the spectrum, Ann Beattie or John Casey or George Garrett, all of them fixtures in the U-Va. writing program, along with Peter Taylor, Christopher Tilghman, Charles Wright, Deborah Eisenberg and a multitude of other prize-winning and well-published names. The university can claim more recent great writers, too: MFA grad Edward P. Jones, for instance, whose novel "The Known World," about black slave owners, won a Pulitzer Prize last year......and not to mention Isabel Allende who taught at UVA and lived here for a spell.

Oh sure muggle, rub it in:p I was glad to notice that there were a few smaller stores in outlying towns..I just find it frustrating that a city the size of Wichita has so few bookstores. The east vs west side issue has been around since the earliest settlement days. None of the stores are in the south part of town either..I know a great potential location in the sw part of town!

actually there may be more than 20 used bookstores. those were just the ones I counted in the yellow pages. I counted 11 New bookstores in the yellow pages which also include the Christian book stores.

Knightly Page

(logo is a knight in armor, followed by his page, holding a pillow with an open book on it)

Book'ems, the Lit Pit, Novel Idea, the Readers' room, the Story Shop, Yarners, Storyville?

Some of my local shop names, Browsers' Books, Fireside Book Shop, Sage Shop, Paperback Exchange, Last Word, Readmore Inc., A Cup of Cold Water, Whodunit?, O W Dash, Capital Firsts.

Back