• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Boston Marathon attack

All the people who carry and who want to carry a concealed weapon forget one important factor (or two depending on how you look at it). It's a lot harder in a real life situation to stay calm and know what to do and how to respond than any training ever prepares you for.

Also, and how many times do I need point this out, most of the time pulling a weapon in an already tense situation is just going to escalate the danger not allay it.

I have a concealed carry permit and carry on my person frequently. I've yet to shoot someone accidentally or pull my gun but I'd rather have it on me than not.

I have a concealed carry permit and carry on my person frequently. I've yet to shoot someone accidentally or pull my gun but I'd rather have it on me than not.
Except for carrying, because I am not licensed to carry, those are my sentiments exactly. I'd rather not be forced to shoot in fear of my life, and would certainly hope never to be in the position of killing anyone. BUT, recently my preference has shifted to: I'd rather have a gun in the house than not.

Erm no but eventually I'm sure you'll find someone who is.
Was pulling your leg about Ms. Minogue's unmentionables. Used to see in the paper when Tom Jones had concerts here in Canada some of the more rabid female fans used to take their undies to the concert and throw them on the stage. It's a mad world.:)

No such thing as 100% depleted, Plus a Geiger counter will click randomly anyway due to normal background radiation. The health danger from DU doesn't come from it being radioactive, but from heavy metal toxicity.

No such thing as 100% depleted, Plus a Geiger counter will click randomly anyway due to normal background radiation. The health danger from DU doesn't come from it being radioactive, but from heavy metal toxicity.

Thanks Sparkchaser, didn't you visit some place last year where you saw damage from the meltdown of that nuclear plant in Russia?

No. In 2010, I went to Chernobyl. Last year I went to Kazakhstan and saw where the Soviets tested their nuclear weapons.

Right, okay car keys, wallet, cell what have I forgotten? oh yeah! loaded weapon.

I don't like the idea of guns but I might change my mind if I was born and raised in the States. It's difficult I think to see someone else's perspective when not in the same situation.

Guns are illegal here except for the police but the criminals don't seem to have any trouble getting them and even if the police use them there is a whole procedure they have to undergo regarding discharging of their weapon to see if it was absolutely necessary. Sometimes it seems as though the criminals get treated better than those trying to uphold the law.

I don't like the idea of guns but I might change my mind if I was born and raised in the States. It's difficult I think to see someone else's perspective when not in the same situation.

That's not too far from an argument that some of the knife carrying young use (my home city has had a historical problem with knives) they maintain they are much more likely to come across a knife situation and therefore carry knives for self defence.

Guns are illegal here except for the police but the criminals don't seem to have any trouble getting them and even if the police use them there is a whole procedure they have to undergo regarding discharging of their weapon to see if it was absolutely necessary. Sometimes it seems as though the criminals get treated better than those trying to uphold the law.

That's an impression held by law abiding people the world over.

Back